I did it, got an a6300

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After trying the Panasonic G7 I was forced to ditch it, sold all my MFT gear and today I got my new a6300.
Mainly for video and if it will prove good enough then travel camera.
Got it with its kit lens and 50mm 1.8 prime.
Gonna go through it tonight and try to learn the basics and take it from there, really excited :)

Ah, you are lucky coming in at a time when Sony is actually expanding their lens lineup ... though not enough variety yet.

COOL! Glad to hear that you went with the leading sensor-maker's A6300 camera model! I sure look forward to hearing your comments on this camera.

COOL! Glad to hear that you went with the leading sensor-maker's A6300 camera model! I sure look forward to hearing your comments on this camera.
Thanks Derrel
The sensor on the G7 was just not impressive and so wasn't the AF.
The a6300 feels like a totally different beast.
First thing that hit me is how well this camera feels, its very solidly build.
AF feels from first initial much better.
We shall see, will learn it as I go.

Yer gonna like it.......... except when shooting 4k videos in the sun. It tends to overheat and shut down.

Yer gonna like it.......... except when shooting 4k videos in the sun. It tends to overheat and shut down.
So I have heard but doing events I rarely get outside ceremonies and I plan to get a third party battery grip, this should help a lot with the overheating issues even if it might not solve it completely.

So I have heard but doing events I rarely get outside ceremonies and I plan to get a third party battery grip, this should help a lot with the overheating issues even if it might not solve it completely.

I just use a remote battery.

I really want the a9, but unless the decimal places moves to the left it ain't gonna happen LOL

a6300%20ext%20batt.jpg

I really want the a9, but unless the decimal places moves to the left it ain't gonna happen LOL
Really? I've read banding and overheating is a real problem.

And it helps with the overheating issue ?

Buying the A9 is not the only problem, buying it and all the native lenses you will need is the problem because they are even more expensive.
So far no third party company works as well as native Sony lenses on their e mount cameras.
So buying the A9 and adding to that 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 and maybe 2 primes and you are now looking at a 10K investment and that's crazy.

It's the huge draw on the battery (shooting in 4k) that heats it up. Having an external battery removes the heat source from the battery chamber.

It's the huge draw on the battery (shooting in 4k) that heats it up. Having an external battery removes the heat source from the battery chamber.
Yeap I know this is why I too want to get a way to remove the battery from the body thus removing a big heat load from this tiny mass that the a6300 is.

So I am sorry for asking again but I am not sure I got the answer I was looking for, did you get any overheating with the a6300 when using external battery or this solved the problem for you ?

..........So I am sorry for asking again but I am not sure I got the answer I was looking for, did you get any overheating with the a6300 when using external battery or this solved the problem for you ?

It doesn't completely eliminate overheating. But it sure cuts it down enough that you can at least get more than a minute or two of recording in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back