I feel bad!

@MiiLovely: Take this from another overwhelmed D7000 user who's learning it's way through photography and camera handling. It is my first DSLR and I don't regret it one bit, the complete opposite actually. It's a great body and I'm really happy with it, because so far there's nothing I wanted to do that the D7000 couldn't deliver. And I know this will remain true for a looong time.

So, of course you need to know how to use your tool but, the way I see it, there's no point in worrying too much about that at the beginning. You worry about learning photography, how light behaves on different conditions, how exposure works, understanding depth of field and how to achieve sharp focus, how to compose an image and all the different elements you can use to take stronger photos... And, as you do all this (and more) you'll be learning how to use your tool (camera) without even noticing it.

Regards,
Martin

Thank you Martin :)

Thank you all for the replies :) I guess I thought most people who where passionate about photography made it a priority t o figure out how to use the manual mode, but it seems I came to a conclusion without actually asking around :)

Question? It's obvious your a beginner, what was your attraction to a camera that costs over a grand when you admit you know nothing about it? Did you research it at all?
I will answer this in short as I feel slightly put down by it. Yes I am a beginner, I knew it would be the right camera for me to learn and grow with and keep for more then just a couple of years(ie I wont want to get a new body in 3 years or something because I know the D7000 will satisfy my needs for longer) Yes I did my research but researching and having the actually equitment in your hands are to completely different things (In my experiance anyways) I am a very hands on person, but like I mentiond before, impatient. I know I will get to know my camera better over time and am not rushing myself nor feeling pressured into learning it in only a few days. And last but not least, why did I get a camera over a grand? Because I worked hard and saved up my money for months and it was the camera of my choice. (this really isnt as short as an answer as I was expecting to write but Its an answer none the less.) Yes it is slightly difficult to get the hang of this cameras manual settings, no I might not be an inermediate photographer but so what? I bought this camera to grow into it and thats what I will do. :) I hope this answers your questions! <3

Awesome response:thumbup:

My first ever DSLR was the D7000 I bought it almost 2 months ago. I never even went to a camera store to even hold it in my hands to see if I liked it or not lol. I wanted this camera so I bought it plain and simple. I have been shooting with it almost daily and I am barely getting a feel for the D7000. It is an awesome camera indeed and will serve my needs for now until I plan on moving up to FF but not anytime soon. The best advise from a beginner like myself on the D7000 is to read the manual as much as you can. Like most people have already stated you will not use every function of the D7000 so don't get overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles that is packed into the camera. Just go out and have fun shooting, after all that is why you bought it in the first place.

Thank you Nikanon! :) In a way I did the same thing (I mean I did do research on it and about 15-20 other cameras lol) but I had never held/tested it out before I went in to purches it lol Infact when I went in the seller had a used one out and let me hold it and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "I have no idea how to use this!" But I was so excited to get started, to start learning and figure out the camera that I started playing around with the setting only a few seconds later lol
It deffinetly is the camera I was hoping for! <3

Question? It's obvious your a beginner, what was your attraction to a camera that costs over a grand when you admit you know nothing about it? Did you research it at all?

I will answer this in short as I feel slightly put down by it. Yes I am a beginner...

See Mark, there's the polite and encouraging way to word a question, and then there's your approach....:spank:

Well, it is a pretty sexy looking camera. And not to be a snob, but I consider the D7000 a proper beginners camera. The rest are more, I dunno, "I want to dip my toes into the photography pool but really aren't going to do much with it." Most of the people I know who owned a D40 or D60 rarely (if ever) use it a year after they have bought it, and definitely haven't invested much into it.

And my camera is on A-Priority a majority of the time.

Don't know any of their full potential. I can use most of them half-ass or better.

The Olym43 is very tough to figure. Don't care, IO use it on auto.

You can get a DVD from the library on Canon or Nikon dslr. Check it out.

It may help if you shoot a lot. Keep shooting and as you shoot you learn controls better.

I like manual myself. That was how I was brought up. There is nothing to know about that for me. The other settings are hard to figure for me.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone! I have been playing around more with the manual settings inside (I find I get nicer brighter/less grainy photos when I use the manual mode indoors) I just need to get use to changing the settings in different lightings!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back