Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've donated blood one other time waaaaay back in high school, and have fully intended to give several other times, but something has always gotten in the way of it.

Sooo, when I saw that there was a blood drive coming to my school, I made an appointment. Few days later, my English teacher told us he'd give us extra credit if we donated! :p So, BONUS FOR ME!

So, anyway, I gave blood, and I'm proud of myself for it, cuz I HAAATE needles.

I got my blood drawn once, and it scared the bejeezus outta me. Seeing the tubes just fill up with MY blood just freaked me out.

never will I do it voluntarily, no cookie is tasty enough for that.

YAY Corry!
I used to give blood all the time. I also sold plasma for extra income in college. (desperate times bring about desperate measures!)

Soooo....I think the lack of sleep last night....the lack of a pint of my blood....and the lack of a decent meal ALL DAY....has me just a bit loopy.

Stu can vouch for htat, as he is somehow putting up with me on MSN right now. :p

I got my blood drawn once, and it scared the bejeezus outta me. Seeing the tubes just fill up with MY blood just freaked me out.

never will I do it voluntarily, no cookie is tasty enough for that.

Amen. Even seeing the "please donate blood" signs makes my heart rate go up ... there's NO WAY my blood pressure would be in a tolerable range for them to take blood from me.

Congrats, Corry. Way to go!

On Monday evening, I donated blood for the 25th time in my life. Started when I was old enough to do so (18) and donated whenever I could (no pregnancies, no times of feeding babies, no other things that made THEM return me, and given I did not forget about the time they came to my place). So on Monday was the 25th time.

It may well have been my last time to donate blood.
I am in no way afraid of it, never. The needle does not shock me at all, nor would the fact do, that there's "MY BLOOD :shock: " in that plastic bag. No.

But I totally collapsed in the night from Monday to Tuesday, while in bed, out of my sleep, and it was frightening and horrible and --- was something I had never experienced in my life before, with or without a blood donation. So I think my son can take over now (he went with me first time on Monday).

Yayyy Corry! Way to go! 'You did good'. Hope you keep it up. I've been a regular donor since I was 18. Donors are always needed.

Only done it once a long time back - they wouldn't let me out afterwards because I looked so rough. Don't think they'd have me back now, too many meds I reckon.

Congrat, Corry, always a good thing... I can't imagine what it must be to need it and don't have it available.

I've given 3 times. 2 for my grandfather and once for my sister. I've tought about donating regularly, but never got to it.

The first time was terrible, I almost fainted... the other were "OK".

I've also thought about donating my organs...

Most reactions

Back