Hello from Holland! Can I help you please?

Jeffrey7photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have quite a special question to ask you guys, and a question mostly aimed for the professionals amongst us who make their money (or part of it) doing what we love: Photography: I need to work in an English speaking working environment for five days, can you help me? (Important: English speaking working environment does not mean you need to live in England or the USA or anything like that. If you work internationally, that’s fine too, if you are American working in Germany, and thus doing all your work in English, that’s fine too.)

Let me start by introducing myself: My name is Jeffrey Liu, I am 16 years old and born and raised in the Netherlands and living in the Netherlands as well. Both my parents were born in China and are Chinese.

Currently, I am going to high school as an IB Student. You might have heard of the IB course, or the International Baccalaureate course. If not, here is my description of it: This course is done world wide only for the students who can and want to and gives the student world wide recognition for his or her education, and not only in their own country. When finished with the IB course you will be let into international universities or universities in countries other than the one you went to high school in much more easier because of this world wide recognition. With the IB course comes the working experience I need to do. Although I am not 100% certain whether this working experience is an IB thing or just something my school decided to do.

Furthermore, I have many hobbies which include: reading, sports and photography.

I started seriously photographing in February 2016 and since then I have been obsessed with it. I have put in a lot of time to improve my photos, learned about composition and I’ve sent my photos in on several forums to ask for feedback. I got accepted into Shutterstock not long ago, (Yes I know, I shouldn’t be on there, I’m too young) and not after too long sold my first photo. My favourite kind of photography must be landscape and nature photography, though I like portraits and product photography too. Photographing at events must be my number 2 behind nature. These events can range between festivals and sports, it doesn’t matter.

Look me up on Instagram: Jeffrey7photos

So the reason I am here is because I am looking for a photographer in an English speaking working environment who is willing to let me help out with his or her work for just five days. My passion for photography made me come up with this idea and I’m hoping that either you can help me out, or maybe you know someone and can help me share this request.

Now, this helping out can be anything: You can let me do your dishes for five days, you can let me clean your kitchen or your studio. But most preferably, I would like to help with photography related things. That’s why I’m looking at the photographers community right now.

Okay, I understand you need some more details before you can make a decision, I will point out the most important things below:

-I work for free, this whole thing will cost you absolutely nothing. I will most likely stay in a hostel or anything like that.

-Things like working hours and food and basically all the stuff that I need to not die can be discussed later. This depends on where I’ll be going and where I’ll be staying. I get money from the school and from my parents, if you don’t feed me I will just buy pizza every day. ;-)

-I only need five days, I don’t need to work the whole day: I can stay with you for just an hour a day and then disappear so you won’t have to mind me anymore. (I’ll probably just go out) I can, of course, also stay the whole day with you, if you need lots of help.

-There is no loss for you! You only need to do what you want to do. If you only take me in to work and when there is nothing to be done anymore, tell me to disappear, I will. (Just please let me know beforehand so I won’t starve.) If you feel like taking me with you on all kinds of photography trips after work, I’m in.

-If you are convinced that you want to take me in, then the only question remaining is when: Either between the 24th of December and the 8th of January, the 25th of February - 5th of March or else between the 22nd of April and the 30th of April. If none of these match, then the summer holiday is fine too, which will start in the beginning of July 2017 and end somewhere in September. If none of these dates match, I am allowed to skip school for my working experience, but we will need to discuss the dates.

Lastly, if you were concerned: I have a lot of experience with working in companies. I had several jobs and ended them all satisfactory for both my boss and me. My first job was bringing around newspapers, second was working in a supermarket and now I’m working in a toys store. I play football and I’ve started to referee this season too, much to the satisfaction of my leaders, I got promoted several times in just 2 months :).

I’ve done many working experiences too, but these were all in the Netherlands.

SO.. if you can help me or if you need more info, please contact me!

Send me an email: [email protected]

You can contact me on instagram too: JeffreyL (@jeffrey7photos) • Instagram photos and videos

Or whatsapp me: +31 6 46138615

To get to know me better or to see a picture of me, check my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.liu.3538

Most likely, I won’t look at this forum anymore, as I am spreading this to many, so please contact me personally!

Thanks for reading and thinking with me!

Jeffrey Liu

Welcome! Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back