I got to go for a ride on a...

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...lift bridge today!!

Great thing happened today! I was out shooting bridges in the flats, revisiting and reshooting stuff. I was on a lift bridge, the kind with the metal grate for the roadbed. I was talking to the operator of the bridge for a bit, and she got a call to raise it. She asked if I wanted to go for a ride. :D:eek::D
I am mildy afraid of heights, asked a few questions about what it feels like, and said yes. I got to go up twice. :D The best part is, in exchange for some of the pictures I took, she gave me her phone number and told me she operates all the bridges in the area, and to call her and she''l get me up on some of the other bridges.
How freaking awesome is that!
Unfortunately I had my 100mm macro lens and not a wide angle, so we'll see if any of the pics I got convey that I was at the top of the structure. I also had to stay to the inside, so as to not be seen by the boat passing underneath.
Here is the operator. She didn't want her picture taken, but i grabbed it while she wasn't looking. Unfortunately, it's not the best pic, and I lost detail in the white of her shirt. Also, I don't do portraiture. Oh well.
Operator.jpg

lucky dog!

I love bridges too. there is one you have to go see, and photograph if you've got the stones. head east (or was it west??) on the turnpike (out of cleveland) until you go under a bridge while driving through a roadcut, the bridge is at an angle to the pike. you will know it when you get there. maybe 30 miles at the most.

now take the next exit and drive back toward the bridge, about 1/2-1/4 mile before you get there there is a perfect perspective for a great shot. next time i drive that way I am going to "get a flat" right in that spot...

good luck with the bridges,
jerry

Sure sounds like fun.

And I like your portrait. Yes, there is a bit of a problem with the shirt. But maybe you can darken the area. It won't create any details but it won't be as bright either.

When do we get to see the other shots?

I tried darkening. Didn't help at all. :meh::(

I am going through 250 images...I'll post a few more, later.

So where are the rest...?

Processing.
Wait for it...

Ok, here are 2 so far. They are not fantastic images. Just "proof" that I did it :)

Going up.
IMG_4942-Edit.jpg

Looking straight down thru the "road".
IMG_4928-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty darn cool, I dare say. Sweet man. It's always great to make contacts like this. :)

nice shots :)

there are so many places i wanna go to with my camera but whenever i'm at those locations I never have my camera with me :(

nice shots :)

there are so many places i wanna go to with my camera but whenever i'm at those locations I never have my camera with me :(

Simple solution: Always carry your camera. At the very least have the body with a decent walk-around lens. Your friends will quickly think of you as a fanatic or addict, but don't let that deter you! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back