I have a problem..

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I went on vacation to Michigan and took a lot of video with my Sony Handycam, and also some pictures. On the last day of the trip my Handycam got soaked and no longer works, but the SD card was fine.

Now, I am trying to import those videos/pictures. The pictures come in with Lightroom just fine but the videos won't show up. I suppose the Handycam has a proprietary software and won't show up unless imported with PlayMemories. Problem is, I can't import with PlayMemories unless I have a working Handycam...

So how do I access those videos?

I should also mention that the SD card reader on my computer is broken. I won't object to buying an external reader and seeing if that works, but I wanted to see if anyone had some other suggestions first.

Thanks!

What type of file are they? What's the extension? like filename.xxx

I'm not sure lol, that's the problem. They don't even show in the browser, like they don't exist.

We're posting at the same time lol! Sorry, not sure what to tell you if you can't see them. Maybe someone will be along to help shortly.

Thanks for your help!

Where an michigan? and what of? I might be able to replace it for ya

Where an michigan? and what of? I might be able to replace it for ya

Haha, north Michigan. But most of it as of family so I don't think you could xD

I'm not sure lol, that's the problem. They don't even show in the browser, like they don't exist.

Sony probably made them hidden files Google search show hidden files and the version of your OS (since you didn't say)

picasa will usually import any video files, they might not always show up on picasa but you can import them. if they do not show up on picasa after you import them you can just got into the actual folder where your video was imported to and you should be able to view the video that way and watch it with windows media player or something like that.

I notice allot of programs dont seem to like video files, depends on what kind of video file it is.

he probably drove through Detroit and someone stole them from the camera. Check a pawn shop. lol.

seriously, I hope you figure it out. You have the SD but the files are hidden? That's weird.

I have Playmemories, but the program will only work if the handycam is connected to the computer... which is impossible. I can't mount the card as a drive since my SD card slot is broken, but revealing the hidden files is a good idea so I might just have to get an external card reader... Kinda wish Apple made some better ports.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back