Dimensions: 3648 x 2736
Camera Model: SAMSUNG DV100 / SAMSUNG DV90 / SAMSUNG DV101/ SAMSUNG DV50
Type: JPEG Image
Size: 2.18 MB

that is 1 picture only
and that information of my picture taking in my digital camera

how to see that information?
just move the white arrow of your computer mouse in your picture
and after that you will see the information of your photos.

my question now guys to all people have a good knowledge in camera and photos

Look the size of the picture in my digital camera is 2.18 MB and the size of my picture in my phone is 598 KB only this is normal or not because i take my photos in my phone in almost 2 years
and this is the first time i use digital camera for picture taking.

i have 139 photos in my folder and all the photos in that folder i use my digital camera for taking pictures
and this is the size of that folder: 1.37 GB (1,481,481,352 bytes)

but look this i have 261 photos in my other folder and all the photos in that folder i use my phone for taking pictures
and this is the size of that folders: 138 MB (145,429,365 bytes)

see the different between the photos i take in my phone and the photos i take in my digital camera.

in my phone i have 261 photos but the size is 138 MB only
and in my digital camera i have only 139 photos but the size is 1.37 GB

sorry for asking guys but i just want to know if this is normal?
i mean why the size of the pictures in my phone is small and the size of my photos in my digital camera is so big i ask this because i can't saved all my photos in my digital camera in my usb because the file is so big my usb is now full..

anyway waiting for your answer guys i just want to know if the size of the photos in my digital camera is normal thanks. anyway if someone here have photos take in digital camera can you post here the size of your photos thanks

The pixels in your phone are not necessarily the same size as the pixels in your digital camera.

Pixel dimensions and file size are very different values.

JPEG is a lossy, compressed file type. Your phone may be compressing the JPEG files more than your digital camera does.

Last edited:
The camera in your phone is taking 3.2 megapixel photos: 2048 * 1536 = 3145728 pixels.

Your Samsung camera is taking 10 megapixel photos: 3648 * 2736 = 9980928 pixels.

The photos from your Samsung camera are three times larger than the phone camera photos so they're going to require more storage space.

Both cameras are saving JPEG photos. The JPEG format as Keith noted is a compression format that allows for varying degrees of compression/image quality. The more compression applied the small the files and the worse the photo quality. Both your phone camera and your Samsung camera may be compressing the photos at different rates.

Joe

thanks for the reply and for the information now i know..
anyway guys in my digital camera photos size this is permanent or not ? i mean what i need to do to edit the settings of my digital camera to make small the size of my photos. because the photos i take in my digital camera is so big so i can't save all my new photos in my usb if this is posible guys how to do to make the size of my photos small only... like the video in my phone i can upload the video of my phone in my facebook in 5 minutes only but when i try to upload the video in my digital camera its take 1 hours and the video uploading percent is only 4% so i cancel my upload.. any other way to make the size of my digital camera to small files only?

and last guys

The camera in my phone is taking 3.2 megapixel photos: 2048 * 1536 = 3145728 pixels.

and my Samsung camera is taking 10 megapixel photos: 3648 * 2736 = 9980928 pixels.

im new in camera and photos but i want to learn about this..

anyway guys what the diffirent of 10 megapixel in 3.2 megapixel?
this is mean 10 megapixel is a large files but the quality is good?

now in my mind is if your camera have 10 megapixel the quality of your photos is good?? so if you buy a camera you need to look in the megapixel? for best quality of photos? im correct guys please answer me thanks

i know the best camera is dslr or slr but i just want to know what the different in high megapixel like 10 megapixel vs low megapixel like 3.2 megapixel?? this is mean guys if you have high megapixel like 10 megapixel the quality of your photos is good?

Most reactions

Back