I heard Canon 50Ds dont work well with a fish eye lens, any truth to this

I'll leave it to someone else to answer now just in case we're talking at cross purposes and I'm spouting complete rubbish.

Last edited:
I am probably the one who is wrong here but IDK. Like I said. I am not really usually worried about focal length numbers. They are just a reference. I frame my shots by what I see. :)

I am probably the one who is wrong here but IDK. Like I said. I am not really usually worried about focal length numbers. They are just a reference. I frame my shots by what I see. :)
If you buy a lens made for a cropped sensor then it is the true focal lenght. So a 10mm is a 10mm. If you buy a Film/Fullframe lens then yo tkae whatever your bodies crop is and, multiply the focal lengthX crop factor= Actual focal lenghth. So a 10.5mm film lens is 15.75mm on a body with a 1.5 crop.

If you buy a lens made for a cropped sensor then it is the true focal lenght. So a 10mm is a 10mm. If you buy a Film/Fullframe lens then yo tkae whatever your bodies crop is and, multiply the focal lengthX crop factor= Actual focal lenghth. So a 10.5mm film lens is 15.75mm on a body with a 1.5 crop.

The underlined sentence is incorrect.

A lens has a focal length (or range of focal lengths) and that that is inherent to the lens. If a lens has a focal length of 20mm it will have that focal length whether on a crop sensor camera, a full frame camera, or sitting in its box!

What you can say is that if yo wanted to get the same field of view with a full frame camera as you do with a crop sensor camera with a 20mm lens mounted, then you would need to use a lens with a focal length of ~32mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back