I just spilled beer on my laptop, AGAIN!

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Holy crap this macbook is resilient! You think I would have learned the first time, but Damn! And its not like I'm drunk either, I just opened my second beer with dinner, and Kicked it over on the coffee table, right on to of the keyboard. Partially do to this poor coaster design, its fine for coffee, but the rings make a beer bottle poorly balanced. I guess I shouldent eat, drink, and surf the web at the same time, but...It probably wont happen again...Right, I'll just be more careful.
Photo37.jpg

Here's hoping your laptop permanently smells like wonderful beer! (They should come from the factory like that)

I spilled tea on mine a while back, not so rebellious as you, but you know...

I've spiller beer on 2 laptops...

First time was a full pint glass emptied onto the keyboard. Laptop died instantly.

About six months after replacing that I did it again, but this time it was a bottle so the entire beer didn't go into the computer. From that point on it was slowly dieing though. Took about a year before it completely stopped working.

I've also spilled beer on the keyboard to my desktop, but it cleans up real good. I just take it apart, rinse everything in the sink and wait for it to dry. I'm using it now, not really anything inside it to get damaged by beer.

You would think I'd learn not to drink beer around computers, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks...

Holy crap! My three year old cousin Just came by And knocked over my bear again! And my laptop is still OK! Now I'm a little on edge. I think I should either stop drinking right now, or start drinking a lot more.

Holy crap! My three year old cousin Just came by And knocked over my bear again! And my laptop is still OK! Now I'm a little on edge. I think I should either stop drinking right now, or start drinking a lot more.
**** it. Your laptop is obviously indestructible. I say go for it.

sigh -- how many times have I appealed to government!
They have no drink driving! But they refuse to see the danger in drink surfing!

Be smart - Don't drink and surf!

sigh -- how many times have I appealed to government!
They have no drink driving! But they refuse to see the danger in drink surfing!

Be smart - Don't drink and surf!

I think Meysha has proven before that drunk surfing/posting is one of the most entertaining things on the interblag.

hummmm...never done beer on my laptop before. I'm more of a "cell phone through the washer" kind of girl :)

Hm...perhaps you should consider not drinking or eating near your laptop anymore?

My reply depends soly on the type of beer it was.....

They sell thin plastic covers you can use to put over your keypad on your laptop. Perhaps for the people who like to drink and drive the information superhighway, this would be a good idea...

Is spilling beer on your laptop covered by homeowner's insurance?

I've got myself a margarita right now....you think if I spill it on my laptop that is a good enough excuse to buy a new one (ignoring the fact that I can't afford it...)? :p

"So yeah, that's honestly why my keyboard is sticky."

They say there are more germs and bacteria around a computer than a toilet. So it's safer to eat and drunk when doing a nice big jobie that it is to eat and drink whilst using a computer. I've yet to get ill from doing it. Eating at the computer that is. I've never tried it in the bathroom.

Most reactions

Back