I looked out this evening & saw - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
- - a dark object under one of the cherry trees. I grabbed my G1 with a Sears 135/2.8 mounted & went out into the yard. As soon as it saw me approaching it took off towards the fence & before going through it turned to look back at me & I got this shot @ ISO 200 & the lens wide open .

P1020242sm.jpg

It went a ways over in the property next door & up a tree where it looked back @ me again. I upped the ISO to 400, closed the lens to f5.6 & added 1/3 exposure compensation due to the back lighting for this shot.

P1020245sm.jpg

Both pics are cropped quite a bit as the coon was a good distance away.

Ron
That second photo is like me when my wife comes a hollerin and I am a climbing....I hope see doesn't see me, I hope she doesn't see me. :mrgreen:

Ron
Could you have moved that hose, its very distracting and that beasty is centered in the first pic, whats up.:lol:
I keep my eyes open all the time around here and all I get are baby snakes.:(

Ron
Could you have moved that hose, its very distracting and that beasty is centered in the first pic, whats up.:lol:
I keep my eyes open all the time around here and all I get are baby snakes.:(

I did move the hose just this morning, as it was in my way & I tossed it over a branch in a apple tree as you see it. :(

Cute critter, which do you prefer, the coon or the skunk from a few days ago?
As far as the pics go, good job for being on the go after him/her. The 2nd pic has bluish tints on the limbs. That hose really hates you.

How I wish my "wow, there's wildlife in my garden"-pics came out this sharp ... often I'm in such a hurry to try and capture flighty wildlife (which mostly I see in poor light conditions only, on top of it all) that my photos turn out all bloopers! Wrong focus, shake and whatnot... So you're good at chasing the wildlife that comes "for a visit" with your camera!

Cute critter, which do you prefer, the coon or the skunk from a few days ago?

Well at least the skunks do not climb up on our balcony.

As far as the pics go, good job for being on the go after him/her. The 2nd pic has bluish tints on the limbs.

I boosted the blue to try & get some colour in the sky, maybe that did it.

That hose really hates you.

I will flush it soon. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back