I love it

EZzing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings from a new member EZzing. I've always loved beautiful photographs but never really considered doing them myself until recently.

I'm 53 and started collecting cameras a couple of months ago. I believe it is addicting. I have several old 35mm cameras as well as some folding and TLR ones too.

I am almost ready to buy a modern versatile medium format camera, but what drew me to medium format cameras were photographs I viewed on the net made from inexpensive old folding ones. I love landscape, animal & pet as well as beautiful sunsets and interesting looking people!

I'm am in the very early stages of learning and I'm looking for classes at local schools that will teach basics and how to use a darkroom.

I wish I had started 30 years ago instead of waiting till now.

I think I will enjoy the collecting and tinkering with the really old cameras as much as using them. I want to experience it all.

Bill

Bill, is never too late to start a collection! And it is addictive, I had in my hands, all in all, over 500 cameras, at one time or another. I have about 75 to 80 now and I've stopped for a while. At least that's I'm telling myself, until I see that 'one camera' that I've always wanted but couldn't have. I love the feel of the older MF folders, I have several that I shoot with, a Zeiss Super Ikonta B (6x6), a Super Ikonta A (4.5x6), a Kodak Monitor (6x9) with the Special Anastigmat lens (a beauty, if you ask me!), a Rodenstock 6x9 and so on.

Let me know if you have questions about collecting, restoring cameras. ;)

Meanwhile welcome aboard!

Mitica, Thanks for the welcome!

I have so many questions too!

Thanks

Bill

Mitica, My first questions would involve the initial clean up and evaluation process.

Is there a particular forum here where it would be more appropriate for us to discuss this?

I'm sure there are more people ready to buy these old cameras or already have them and aren't sure. like myself where to start?????

Thanks

Bill

Mitica, I forgot to add a thank you for your offer to help me out with this!

THANKS

Bill

Mitica, My first questions would involve the initial clean up and evaluation process.

Is there a particular forum here where it would be more appropriate for us to discuss this?

I'm sure there are more people ready to buy these old cameras or already have them and aren't sure. like myself where to start?????

Thanks

Bill

PM sent.

Most reactions

Back