I might be a 2nd Shooter!

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or maybe just an assistant to start out. I have a meeting on Friday morning with a local photographer about possibly being a part of his wedding photography team. I just had a very nice conversation with him on the phone and he wants me to bring all of the images from two of the weddings that I did last summer. I'm really nervous because I REALLY want this job. I have been wanting to work with a more established photog forever but haven't found anyone willing to take me on. Any advice? Obviously I'm planning to bring the images from the two weddings on my laptop and some printed work that I normally show clients. Any other advice about what I should bring/do at this meeting?
Here is a link to his website:
http://www.billmoorephotography.com/

You will get the job!!! I would consider leaving the laptop at home. There may be some fumbling with the machine that could hurt the interview. Plus there may be time constraints.

I would consider leaving the laptop at home. There may be some fumbling with the machine that could hurt the interview. Plus there may be time constraints.

I agree. Either get prints made, or just put the files on CD/DVD for them to review at their convenience. They may pull they up right there on their own computer. Laptop screens are lousy for showing photos when you are trying to impress.

Thanks for the advice you guys. He actually asked me to bring them on my laptop. He already knew I didn't have all of them printed. I think he really just wanted to see EVERYTHING I did from a couple of weddings for evalutative purposes.
Looks like I will be starting out as an assitant (which is TOTALLY fine with me. I'm really excited to even have the opportunity) and will learn and work my way up (hopefully fairly quickly) as a second shooter.
I am really hoping to hone in on my children's photography skills and just apprentice and learn wedding photography and have it be my second skill set rather than my main focus. So this is perfect since he obviously wants someone for the long haul instead of training me and then setting me free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back