The Fam

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this in the living room. This was about the 15th try, so I was all out of smiles

118114428-O.jpg

Awwwww, nice pic!!! (Hey, S and D managed a smile on the 15th try....)

You've got a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing this one.

Two out of three ain't bad :D

Nice shot/

Man, is there anything you can't do well? :D:D:D Just discovered your site and it's very impressive work. I really enjoyed looking at your images.

Not sure if you're looking for critique, but here goes. I think this shot is great, but would like to see some interaction between you three, like hands or some connection, to bring it from a good photo of three people to a photo of a family.

On the other hand, that may be the best photo of a kid I've ever seen. :thumbup:

Thanks April.

Jazz, I'm always open to critique :)

Thanks a ton for taking the time to stop by my site. I always appreciate people commenting.

We were all barefoot, and started off with my Wife and I laying on our sides, with our heads close or touching, and our arms extended out around Davin.

Well, after having to get up 10-12 times, chase Davin down, etc....this is what we wound up with :lol:

I wasn't real happy with the light, but it worked. Well, it wasn't so much the lighting, but the shadow. Sicily ended up with a much stronger shadow under her nose than the rest. I didn't catch it till we were done. I'm guessing that's due to the position of the reflector? Setup was an AB800 w/octobox overhead on a boom at a slight angle towards us. Large white reflector in front.

About as basic as I could get :)

guessing that's due to the position of the reflector?
Hmm. I agree that shouldn't be happening. I would rather count on the main light to light that area, rather than a reflector.

By any chance was the octobox pointing down, so the light isn't directly striking that area under her nose? If so, you may have to physically lower the boom a little and tilt the box up slightly. Subtle movements can make a big difference.

Yes. It was pointing down and slightly tilted back. I'm guessing about a 25* tilt? That's why I brought in the reflector. You probably have it right, I needed to lower the boom a little to get some more direct light up front? Thanks for the feedback :)

this is great :thumbup: .... i think you got good timing with this one, as davin couldnt look cuter! nice one ;)

On the other hand, that may be the best photo of a kid I've ever seen. :thumbup:
What, just because he caught those impossibly rosy cheeks, perfect catchlights in his eyes, the tiny little finger in the mouth while he's clutching his fat lil baby toes....? Nah. Nothing cute there going on. :lol:

Wonderful family portrait, Woody! At least your wife didn't lose her pretty smile after 15 tries. ;)

Well done. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back