I might sound dumb but

alexanderdel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've never done HDR or HDRI and I don't really know for sure what they are..
Is there anyone who can define these in a clear manner so I can understand?
And also tell me how to make these cool images and make them look good?

Any help is appreciated..

il try to explain it:

an HDR image is pretty much several images merged into one. you take the exact same photo "usually taken with a tripod" with different exposures starting with taking a shot thats very underexposed "too dark" then gradually decreasing ur shutter speed which makes the image lighter. you can either start shooting pictures from lgiht to dark, or dark to light. what this does is give u exposures for every part of your photo. it exposes anything from the little shadows underneath things all the way to bright subject such as the sky. then you use a program such as Photomatix to merge all your different exposure together to form a photo that has the correct exposure for everything in the picture. some people play around with the photo after in photoshop and give it other little effects.

il be honest, i suck at describing stuff like this but i wanted 2 try 2 help. if you do a google search or even a search on youtube, u will find many other ways of explaining what HDR is. i was recently was asked by a family member what HDR is and i was like....uhhhhhhh....it took me forever 2 explain, but i finally did it!

HDR is short for High Dynamic Range.

This is as discribed above, exposing for all levels so that the image loks "natual."
usually however, it actually bring out detail that one normally would not see regardless is a photo or in real life.

Okay thanks for the great descriptions!

Also can you make an HDR from one RAW image?

Okay thanks for the great descriptions!

Also can you make an HDR from one RAW image?

You can make a "pseudo-HDR", but it really doesn't have the same dynamic range as the real thing. You can download a free trial of Photomatix -- one of the more popular HDR software programs - if you want to experiment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back