i need a buy a camera

name102

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello,

im starting this course in two weeks http://www.racc.ac.uk/course/R0028208

does anybody know what would be a suitable camera to buy for this course?
i have about £350 - £400 to spend

thankyou

If you want to buy something new, Nikon still has a film camera, the FM10. It's actually made by Cosina, but has the standard F mount and will mount all Nikkor lenses since about 1977. Any decent used camera will do fine, Nikon, Canon, Pentax would be the brands I would stay with as lenses are readily available and you will find more support with other students and teachers. Don't spend more than $75 USD or so on any good used outfit. Film bodies are really cheap these days and there is no need to spend more for a body you most likely will upgrade to digital soon anyway.

I think I might take a Photography course at my college soon. Good luck with your course.

And JStuedle, what part town do you live around in SE Indiana? I'm near Scottsburg. Dad use to work in Madison.

If you want to buy something new, Nikon still has a film camera, the FM10. It's actually made by Cosina, but has the standard F mount and will mount all Nikkor lenses since about 1977. Any decent used camera will do fine, Nikon, Canon, Pentax would be the brands I would stay with as lenses are readily available and you will find more support with other students and teachers. Don't spend more than $75 USD or so on any good used outfit. Film bodies are really cheap these days and there is no need to spend more for a body you most likely will upgrade to digital soon anyway.

thanks for the advice, do you think it would just be worth getting a digital slr to start with?

Depends how into photography you are. I mean you have a pretty high starting cost with digital (the body and lenses) but in the long run, it will save money over buying film and processing. You could start out with a film, end up liking photography so much that you want to invest in a digital and since you can usually mount your film lenses to the digital you're all set. I use both when the time is right.

Most reactions

Back