I Need a Theme or Object

Rocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need to shoot some pictures, with each one having the same theme or object in it. The problem is, I can't decide what to take pictures of. However, the individual pictures should contain things such as pattern, line, or a shadow.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I dont think we can tell you that.
If you want to be a photographer, you need to figure it out on your own.
A good picture isnt just clicking the shutter, its the thought the photographer puts into it, the setup of light and angles, just walk around at a park or in a downtown, you will find something

I dont think we can tell you that.
If you want to be a photographer, you need to figure it out on your own.
A good picture isnt just clicking the shutter, its the thought the photographer puts into it, the setup of light and angles, just walk around at a park or in a downtown, you will find something

In complete agreement with this.

We had similar titles to this when i was at school, in the end i chose things like light drawings, fire and LED's.

Unless your actually interested in what you are shooting though the photo will not be any good. You need to have a personal flair of interest for the photos to show USP and charisma.

When it's dark, grab a small object, your camera, a tripod, and some type of small artificial light source (iphone works great).

Then set up on a flat surface like a table or coffee table, place your object so you have lots of empty dark space behind it. Set your camera up on the tripod and zoom in on your subject. Grab your light source and try different angles with it, and create long shadows, etc..

This will help you with Composition, Metering, dramatic lighting, and creative exposures.

I can think of a few things right off the top of my head, but I shall not share them...:sexywink:.

This is a photo assignment meant to develop your own senses. Most around here probably wouldn't mind helping with a few technical aspects, but not to spoon-feed you ideas.....

People are so freakin' uncreative.

*shakes head*

I need to shoot some pictures, with each one having the same theme or object in it. The problem is, I can't decide what to take pictures of. However, the individual pictures should contain things such as pattern, line, or a shadow.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
If you're not interested in what you're shooting, you can sure as hell guarantee that we won't be either.

Shoot whatever you're passionate about.

:gah:mad: thread.

Most reactions

Back