I need help, Finding the right equipment!

ChrisD521

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been taking pictures for most of my life, about 35 years now. Over the past 10 years though it's become harder and harder because multiple sclerosis has all but restricted me to bed.

I have the power wheelchair with a mounting system for my camera however I'm not able to adjust my focus, exposure, zoom or even press the shutter release without difficulty. The advancements that have been made in some point-and-shoot models are impressive, however I've yet to find one available with a fully functional (wired or wireless) remote.

I would even consider some functionality within a remote but there aren't many available. Can someone give me a suggestion as to a model that may be suitable?:confused:

I sadly don't know any specific groups to name, but do a search on disabled photographer groups in your country(and those groups in general) and you might find people in a similar situation as yourself who have some custom setups that could give you greater control over your camera.

the only thing I can think of at present, at least for controling camera settings is the possible idea of using a laptop whilst shooting tethered to it - I belive some/most DSLRs at least (and I assume some point and shoots as well) will allow you the remote control features that you need. Of course I've no idea how well you can use a computer/laptop interface nor if the bulk of adding that to your setup is what you feel comfortable working with.

Sadly, I've been in touch and in fact have enrolled with the Disabled photographers Society in the UK and they've been very polite but could not help. Unfortunately, we do not have an equivalent group that I know of in the US:(

Most reactions

Back