I NEED HELP

STINKY PICTURES

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the best bulb to use for indoor photography. I have lamps that accept the large screw in bulb. I need to shoot people and I need them to look as natural as possible. I will be using them on babies. Thanks so much for your help.

If you don`t have a link, just a name of the bulb will be enough for me to search it out. Thanks so much for your time.

I would suggest that a flash/strobe type of light would be best for shooting people.

Constant lights (lamps etc) can make it harder to get sharp photos. They also get hot.

Whatever you get, try to keep your lighting consistent so that you don't have different colors of lights.

Thanks Big Mike, I`m going to do some homework!!

So now i`m looking around and reading, and it seems that i would have to buy totally new equipment and not use my lamps at all is that right?

A flash/strobe is what i would need to buy now and not use my lamps? So thats the best way to go? I`m guessing i`d need more then one also.

no magic bulb? lol...for my lamps.. darn.... am I on the right track with my thinking? I really need the strobe for flash/strobe to do it right? I have a Fuji finepix camera.

Of course, electronic flash would be best. But there's no reason not to use your lamps.
What you need to buy are called Photoflood bulbs. They are specifically color balanced for use in photography. Either 250 or 500 watts, uncolored or blue (to simulate the approximate Kelvin temp. of sunlight).

They DO get hot! And they certainly don't give you the output of a strobe. But, hey, they don't cost much either (less than $10). I'd buy some reflectors, some diffusion material, and give it a try.

You can buy true photofloods at any real camera store, or online from B&H or one of the other stores.

I ordered the blue bulbs.. i have the worlds worst time with my white balance. i set it with a gray card and my subject looks orange, i set it with a white card and my subject looks blue... or is it the other way around.. i struggle so much. i shoot over 200/300 shots for ebay just to get about 20 good ones. it can take me 2 days of shooting just to list one darn thing. no kidding, my husband almost hides when i start a photo shoot... i`m not a happy camper.

(i shoot realistic newborn baby dolls so the skin tone has to be exactly like a real baby) what am i doing wrong? i have a fuji finefixfd 8 mega pix. i want to pull out my hair... I go through this weekly.

oh i forgot to add, i always have to tweek my pictures... but they look FIXED.. I mean my white blankets look blue or green or yellow... i hate it.. i want a white blanket to look white and a pink baby to look pink.. well flesh colored..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back