I need ideas

alexanderdel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to do a series or even a single shot but I have nothing but a couple ideas. I'm gonna list them and the details and you guys tell me what you guys think, what I could do to successfully make these shots happen, and/or any other ideas for series's or shots.

Here they are:
A series of irony shots.
One with a man that looks to be well off (nice clothes, nice jewelry) in a nice house. Should be happy (in the eyes of society), but is completely miserable.
Another of a girl at a crime scene or car crash, someone being hauled off on a stretcher and she should be sad, but she's laughing. Maybe she's in the crowd or right in the middle of it all..
That's all I got so far for that one.. Ideas?

For the other one, the theme is discrimination.
There's a series of five or so young adults shot from the chin down to the waste line or something all holding signs.
Each one saying "would you except me?" all of different skin colors.
Then underneath having an explanation that you (being the viewer) answers these questions differently than the next person and that we should all learn to except everyone, regardless of skin color or appearance.

Any ideas? Feedback? Help?
Don't not post something just cause you think it would be dumb. I need ideas and I don't care what they are. List em.

Thanks

Do you mean accept, rather than except.

To make these shots successfully happen you'll need a camera, a couple of lenses, locations, models, lighting, reflectors, costuming, makeup, an assistant or two.

You can pull all that together using friends and relatives as models and assistants. You can get acceptable reflectors from Wal-Mart or any office supply store. Improvise if need be.

Or to go the full pro route, rent it all: locations, models, assistants, grip, lighting, makeup artist, hairstylist, catering.

You're only limited by your people and management skills, drive, and desire to make it happen.

I made my own reflector from cardboard and tinfoil.
Other than that I can use my friends reflector.
I want to make these photos great without much editing other than the normal raw jazz.

and also do you think the ideas I have are good ones?
The shots I take need to be absolutely amazing right now because I'm prepping my portfolio for college.

Most reactions

Back