I need some help...

Joey28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just a begginer and have a few questions.What is ASO & ISO and how it relates to photography or to a photo. How does shutter speed affect a photo? I don't understand would it make it blurry if it was open wide or closed to fast...how does that work. Also I have no idea od what Aperature and Diaphragm is.

I have been looking at some photos and they are talking about all this stuff can someone clearly explain this to me.

Thanks

O.k. Here's a little bit of help for you

What is ASO & ISO and how it relates to photography or to a photo.

I think you mean ASA or ISO this is a measure of the light sesnitivity of whatever you are exposing to light i.e. film or a digital sensor

How does shutter speed affect a photo? I don't understand would it make it blurry if it was open wide or closed to fast...how does that work.

Shutter speed is how fast the shutter opens and closes. So if you have a very short shutter speed as long as your ISO is high enough and/or your aperture is wide enough the subject is exposed to the light to a very short time so it has no time to move so you will stop the action. So if you have a long shutter speed any movement while the shutter is open your subject will be blurry.

Also I have no idea od what Aperature and Diaphragm is.

The aperture is the size of the opening of the lens the physical aperture in the camera is sometimes called a diaphragm.

I hope some of this helps.

What you are talking about are the basics of photography. You can get a book, or google for basic classes, and find chapters written on these subjects. They aren't horribly complicated but to explain them clearly and thoroughly is difficult so people write books and classes on the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back