I need to know if this is good????????????

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by oldnavy170, Jun 21, 2007.

1. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Please let me know if you have any reviews on this Flash. I did a search on this site but couldn't find anything. Or maybe you have another suggestion for a Flash for my Canon XTi. I would like to stay under $100.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/52800-REG/Sunpak_043C_Auto_433_AF_TTL.html

Also, Is this a good starter lens? It has good reviews on B&H. I want to beable to get better indoor photos.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=WishList.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=12142&is=USA

Thanks for your help.

2. Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I cant tell you much on the flash... but the Canon 50 is a good lens for getting indoor shots with or without flash....

3. heip

heip TPF Noob!

Why not a Canon speedlite?

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A Canon Speedlite would be a good choice, but they are quite a bit more expensive. This may be one of those things where if you did buy the cheaper off-brand model, you would eventually want to upgrade anyway...so it might be cheaper in the long run to just go with the Canon...but that's up to you.

Sunpak is a respectable name, so I assume the flash would be OK but I don't know about that model in particular.

You can't go wrong with the 50mm F1.8...it's cheap and light but the optics are great...and you can't beat the price.

5. kellbell

kellbell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love that lens! it's been a really good one for me and the f/1.8 comes in really handy (especially for indoor stuff) I heard some of my friends talking about how the focus is sometimes a little off with that lens but i've never had a problem.

I don't know about the flash your looking at but is it dedicated? if not i would recomend one that works specifically with canon cameras.

6. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Sunpak 433 AF is a decent flash. I have a few 383 manual flashes that I use for off camera fill at concerts. I believe the 433 is the TTL version of my 383's. I don't like the fact they don't have a zoom head. This helps give your flash more range than the non-zoom versions. Another fact when comparing to my Nikon SB-80's and SB-800's the build quality is very cheap. Thin plastic and plastic hotshoe's are my major complaints.

7. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the info.