i told you not the climb trees (grim, very grim, i warn you)

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital. Outdoors. Actually I set it up and had my friend take the shot for me from up in a tree. I have always had a thing for dark art, macabre if you will. My friend and I went outside and i saw the table and was inpired. You can't see it as much as i thought one could but that table is bent in the middle, probly from people standing on it, anyway, i thought it would add to the effect, but whatever. The idea is that a girl (me) fell out of a tree and, well, there she lies heh. There are several shots, which one looks best? And also, how is the perspective?
dontclimbtree22.jpg

dontclimbtree3.jpg

dontclimbtree2.jpg

I think that there needs to be more of the tree, maybe a branch that she could have fallen from, to make the story clearer. I also wonder if the picnic table itself is a bit of a distraction. How about if she fell to the ground?

I like the BW better. If you do reshoot lose the logos on the shirt.

ksmattfish said:
I think that there needs to be more of the tree, maybe a branch that she could have fallen from, to make the story clearer. I also wonder if the picnic table itself is a bit of a distraction. How about if she fell to the ground?

I like the BW better. If you do reshoot lose the logos on the shirt.

i agree. make the point a tad bit clearer, and lose some of the distractions (keys, picnic table, clothing with logos...). This is a great idea! nice angle too

I thought i eliminated the keys in all the shots, but it seems i missed one...heh
the logos i can understand. But the table has to stay. To me it is part of the story, meaning the way she died was breaking her back or neck by falling out of the tree and hitting such a hard and sudden surface. It reminds me of a horror movie in a way. But I am happy you guys liked having the tree in the shots. My friend and I were worried that would be a problem...though I kinda liked it from the start, but he didn't.
Anywho, thanks for the input

I can't tell that the table is bent, but I can imagine what you mean. How about a shot from an angle closer to the table; maybe from underneath looking up up into the tree. Then we could see the warped table, maybe some eyes rolled back in the head of the victem, and the deadly tree rising up overshadowing it all.

interesting concept...i would also like to see some of the tree

one question though...if she fell out of the tree how the hell did her arm end up under the bench?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back