I tried...

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
to take some shots of a feather after seeing KenCo's Feather shots!

Unfortunately as I don't own a macro lens I wasn't able to get shots even close to Kenco's... anyway I want to share them, and your comments and critiques are welcome!

Well here are some of them:

IMG_8376_1.jpg

IMG_8378_1.jpg

IMG_8380_1.jpg

IMG_8375_1.jpg

IMG_8374_1.jpg

IMG_8369_1.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Yes, DOF is razor thin with the reversed lens technique and you really have to stop breathing and force your heart to beat only very slowly to get these right, and you did WELL! Which mm did you chose. You can get closest (moving right into your subject, really) at 18mm, but holding that right with the tiny-tiny DOF is next to impossible (for me). It works a bit better at 24mm reversed and so on.

Hi spako, never tried the reversing thing before.....mine were taken with a 50mm and bellows, I deliberately didn't go as close as what I could have just because of the lack of light. These are good shots though but maybe a little to much shadow (although that may just be this screen).
It's good to try different things.
TFS.
Ken.

good effort spako...... the dof is kinda shallow, but i like em..... they sorta look like a vinyl record or something :thumbup:

The idea is excellent, and the photographies also, but I believe that they are all too similar. I believe that you would have to make one more a selection brief.
Greetings from Spain.

Archangel said:
good effort spako...... the dof is kinda shallow, but i like em..... they sorta look like a vinyl record or something :thumbup:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. DOF is a bit too narrow for my taste. And...number 6 made me think of an album. Very retro feel.

Thank you for the comments! I was trying to get the DOF on a larger spot but it somehow wouldn't work (I guess thaht has to do with the technique I was using)...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back