I want D3 but its too big?!

I am used to the size and bulk of the D3. I have shot the D1 and F5/4 for years. It feels natural to me. OTOH, my wife loves her D300 because it IS smaller and lighter. It's simply personal preference and depth of the pocketbook. The FF is an advantage to me, and I can fall back on the D300 or D1X if I need the extra reach of the crop factor. The low noise is great and build quality is fantastic on them both, but the D3 really shines. I use a lot of MF AI-S glass on the D3 and IMHO it is as good as a lot of the gold ring stuff Nikon is selling now. Of course, AF-S and VR are an advantage in a lot of situations. Good luck in your decision, I really don't think you can go wrong with either of Nikon's new offerings.

So what should i do if i want a Nikon D3 :hail: but i want it to be the size and weight of D80-D300? :blushing:

Then you don't want the D3 .. simple answer.

Hey guys, thanks for great replies! :) although it may seem like a pretty random thread, it did give some interesting new points to think about.

I have reasonably unlimited budget and just want to reduce that techy obstacle between me and the shot i want to make. Although D3 is excellent in some areas (metering, fps, low-light, wide etc) it lacks in others (size/weight, more lens changing etc).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back