I wish I had better equipment ..... examples attached..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ottor, May 14, 2010.

1. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have a Rebel XSI....... just a Rebel. I have the "Kit" lenses.... this is from the 75-300 "Non" IS kit..... :( One of these days, I'll be able to make a little jump up. I did get a 50mm 1.8, and I probably should be happy that I was able to get that, but.... Damn, good stuff costs a lot !!!

I've done the best I can, with what I have....

This little fella just absolutely knew that I couldn't see him !!!!

[​IMG]

With 8 different kinds of feeders in the backyard, they all have got pretty used to me by now..... I was sitting against the fence, and this little bandit checked me out, walked over the top of the fence above my head where the water bowl is, and splashed water on my head !! Thought I needed to bring him something instead of just sitting there !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a little Ceder Waxwing that has been prowling around the last week or so.... I guess until I get some better equipment, I'll have to crop the crap out of them.... :meh:

[​IMG]

If anyone lives in Idaho, and has a nice Super-Zoom for sale ....... Well, ..... I can wash dishes.. Oh, and I can cook too!!

Rick

2. D-B-J

D-B-J Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah, cause the pictures are just AWFUL! No, but seriously, they're pretty good. Considering the fact that your gear may not be "amazing," i see some rather good pictures.

#2 is definately a winner.

3. Dallmeyer

Dallmeyer TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great pictures Ottor!

4. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

5. MSnowy

MSnowy Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Really like second pic

6. shrutebucks

shrutebucks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

7. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

8. myfotoguy

myfotoguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a great series Ottor. You are doing great with what you have. I'm with you though, I have a few lenes I would like to have (sigh).

9. EFHATCH1990

EFHATCH1990 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'd like to see more of the Ceder Waxwing cool looking bird!

10. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Canon EOS bodies will accept Nikon F, Leica R, Contax/Yashica bayonet lenses, Olympus OM mount lenses, the M42 thread mount aka "Pentax thread mount" aka "Universal Thread mount", and Pentax K-mount lenses--all with simple, metal adapters that will allow infinity focusing, with no glass elements. Here is an article that has a lot of information,and photos, of absolutely top-quality, precision engineered adapters sold by a popular web site. Adapters: Leica R or Nikon F to EOSĀ 

There is also a huge marketplace that deals in much lower-cost adapters, that retail for $14 to $40, sold through eBay. One of the largest reputable USA dealers is a company named Fotodiox, which specializes in lens adapters of all types, as well as filter adapter rings, reversing rings, and basically a whole lot of small, metal camera accessories. These adapters are available in black, anodized aluminum construction, and also chrome-plated brass or bronze construction, which is in my opinion, typically better-made, lathe-turned then plated stuff. Fotodiox also sells adapters that allow the use of medium-format lenses on Canon EOS cameras...I have also seem some pretty good work done by Mamiya medium format lenses on Nikon bodies.

Lenses do not have to be "digital" designs. In telephoto lenses, most of the lenses will be aligning the light rays fairly perpendicular to the sensor, and so there is very little in the way of a "digital" lens in the telephoto or tele-zoom world. If you have a Canon EOS digital body, it will shoot photos in manual, match-diode metering mode, as well as Av automatic modes, reasonably well. There are millions, literally millions, of manual focusing lenses available and some are quite low-cost. Some of the better lenses will be older Nikon,Pentax,Olympus,Leica R,or Yashica/Contax lenses. You will need to focus manually, and the lens diaphragm will need to be manually stopped down or opened up, but this is not that big of an issue at f/2.8 to f/5.6 or so--the view through the finder will be reasonably bright in decent light.

11. vtf

vtf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    not sure if I'd like these animals staring me down. But great pictures nonetheless.

12. --ares--

--ares-- TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Great bold and sharp images, you are doing great work with what you have, and that is all the matters.