I'd rather be lucky...

GrantH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I pull up the 3 images, run them through HDR Pro and hate the results...as per usual. I then load up the raws, stack them manually onto each other in the same project and start working. I'm not getting what I want really and I accidentally delete data from a file rather than from the mask. Ctrl + Z until....I can't get back what I deleted. No big deal, insert file again and holy crap....It's better than ever! I have messed with HDR enough to know I like doing it a certain way and having done that way time and again I never really thought differently. I mess with masks, contrast, vibrance, all the normal stuff....and opacity. I've not seen anyone talk about it much, but it plays a huge role in what I do with editing HDR photos. The mistake allowed me to post a 100% opacity image where I had a 30-40% image. I love learning new tricks!

$Young Harris Lake Forum Size.jpg

PS: I know there is a heavy vignette. I like it, it works for me, it will stay :).

To be honest, if you had not said that it was an HDR I would not have known. That isn't a bad thing though. I do think it would have benefited from another exposure or two on the + side, but that is just my personal opinion. Overall I love the photograph.

That is really what I go for in my HDR edits. I like a bit more subtle edit feel to them, at least for landscape. I may be different for architecture....I've yet to try that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back