Idea!

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

Please tell me if I am suggesting something already around here. I think we should have a Consumer Electronics forum. A lot of people on here are familiar with electronics and such, and it would be neat if we had a forum for people to ask questions about their electronics, or just ask advice etc. on purchasing and selling! Let me know what you think. I could even help moderate that particular forum if you wanted, but I'm new so I'm sure that isn't likely.

Nope, as in computers, gaming systems, televisions, CD players, stuff like that.

Ya, Photography related electronics would fall into the equipment forum.

If you are thinking of consumer electronics in general...I'm not sure that we need a new forum for that. While I'm sure that most or all of us do have and use various electronic equipment...this is primarily a photography site. If we did make an new forum, what would be next? Cars...then dogs...then mountain bikes...etc.

Currently, the off topic forum would be a good place to discuss that sort of thing.

Our admins do have another site www.thesupportforum.com for computers and such...although it's not as popular at this site.

I see your point, but couldn't it be like a subsection of Off Topic? Off topic is such a wide range...anything and everything lands there..it would be nice to have a specific one. But thanks for considering the idea. ;)

Well, we can certainly consider it...no harm in that. Maybe if enough people request something like that...it might become a reality. However a quick check of the topics in the 'off topic' section shows that there aren't very many electronic threads at the moment...so it doesn't appear that we need a separate or sub forum for now.

Again, I see your point, but people would probably post that kind of thing more often here if they knew there was a specific place to do it. :D It's ok though, thanks for considering just trying to help.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I took that as a bit sarcastic and rude?

EB;

Your idea has, IMHO, great merit.

But it shouldn't be sub-summed under Photography. Rather, it should be its own separate forum. I would suggest you contact Chase for info on starting a forum.

Well thats what I wanted in the first place. :p I appreciate your agreement.

EDIT: Do you mean a whole different site? They already have one of those I think, unnattached to this site. But I meant on this site.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's best to keep the questions to the OT area that we have. Since the primary function of the board is about photography we just want the one OT area to make sure that's where it stays focused. I know people feel pretty free to ask questions about things in there including cars, electronics, etc and we've got a wide member base that's more than happy to help out with comments & suggestions. Like Mike & Corry pointed out when you add one specific forum it tends to grow from there with other requests for very specific forums and we really do want the focus of the site to be photography :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back