If money was not an issue what camera and 3 lenses would you get ?

You can click on my gallery link, you can google "amolitor" on images.google.com, and there's probably a bunch of other ways to get a look at a random sample of my photographs.

So you would "love to see" but apparently won't exert the smallest, most trivial effort, to see. So, this post here is a simply harrassing sniping remark, posted in a random thread, for no reason at all except that I had the temerity to say something. As far as I can see.

The only thing i found is a boring blog and a flickr full of snapshots...

Well there you go. Are you done hijacking this thread for the sole and express purpose of attacking me now?

I had this very question in mind when I played the lottery last night. I didn't win of course, but at least now I am prepared for when I do win which is a load off my mind... ;)

I'm gonna go with 5D mkIII, 50mm f1.2, 85mm f1.2 and 70-200mm f2.8 x

Currently on my wishlist is the Linhof Technorama 617s III with shift adapter and the 72mm Super Angulon XL, 110mm Super-Symmar XL and 250 mm Tele-Xenar lenses.

Well there you go. Are you done hijacking this thread for the sole and express purpose of attacking me now?
For some reason I really do not remember, that user ghache appears to be on my ignore list ;)

I'd have their most expensive camera plus 3 copies of their most expensive lens, sell them on, buy a 1DX, Sigma 35mm, 85L and 135L and pocket the difference :p

Actually, you wouldn't win anything since you clearly aren't very good at reading the rules, you'd probably be disqualified for filling the form out wrong. :lol: The premise clearly stated you aren't allowed to sell them--otherwise, yeah, we'd ALL just buy the most expensive items and resell them. Our mommas didn't raise no dummies. Well, that ONE poster's momma did, but I'm not naming names. :biglaugh:
I have a feeling this post was pre-coffee........... ;)

Hmmm 3 lenses is a bit tricky for me given my primes obsession...

At this moment in time, probably a D4, Sigma 35 f/1.4, Nikon 85mm f/1.4 and Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRII.

If I were to stick with Canon, it would probably be 5Diii, Sigma 35 f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.2 and a 135 f/2.0.

My camera arrived for Christmas. Did not win the lottery, but sold custom converted lenses to pay for it.

Ideal setup: M Monochrom, Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar, Nikkor 8.5cm f2, 35/1.7 Ultron. I have the 35/1.2, but prefer the 35/1.7.

It depends on whether I want to use it in the studio or travelling.

For the studio: D800, and the Nikon FX AFS f2.8 zooms (17-35, 35-70, 70-200).

For Travel: Olympus OM-D w/ kit lens, Panasonic 7-14 f4 zoom, Panasonic 12-35 f2.8, Panasonic 35-100 f2.8. Plus I'd pick up a Gx1 w/ a 20mm pancake and viewfinder to complete the set, paying myself if I had to.

I'm sure there's a Canon set that's equivalent for the studio set, which would be just as good if you already have some Canon stuff. Me, I already have a lot of Nikon stuff.

Since I already own my dream-camera, the D800, I'd get a D4. A 24-120 F4 VR, 16-35 F4 VR and 70-200 F2.8 VR... And 85 F1.4... hard to choose..

d800, 24mm 1.4, 70-200 vr2, 400mm 2.8 vr
3 lenses I drool over, and the natural body choice for nikon

Nikon D4, 24-70, 70-200 2.8 VRII, 400 2.8.

Um, right now ? Somebody forces me at gunpoint to buy stuff ?

- Nikon D800E
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM A1
- AF DC NIKKOR 135 mm 1:2D
- Carl Zeiss Distragon T* 2.8/21 ZF.2

Most reactions

Back