If you own a Manfrotto tripod....

Nice to know, mine seems nice and tight. I have the 190CXPRO4 with the swing out extension and I really do not see any way to access the bolt and I expect it is mounted in a different way.

I can tell you that on my tripod you do not want to take the rubber foot off a bottom leg and then let that leg slide into the the larger legs. To get the leg back out requires opening the legs using the tool that comes with the tripod, not a big issue but it can take five to ten minutes to do as the leg has to be aligned in its groove. I did this after using the tripod in the river and was getting the water out.

Nice! I have a manfrotto incoming- everything still solid for you?

Solid as a rock.

Solid as a rock.
Sweet! I've got a pretty respectable slik travel tripod, but it just can't carry the load of the 200-500 for astrophotography and/or wildlife; and it wobbles in the strong Oklahoma wind, even with smaller lenses! Looking for something more 'substantial'. The Manny is rated at over 17 lbs capacity, so we should be good to go! It'll arrive next week so I'll have time to get ready for the blood moon on Jan 20.

Most reactions

Back