Im going to shoot RAW this week

I shoot raw. I use Lightroom. As I processed my files I found a couple of settings that I changed with almost every shot. So, I set those as defaults. That's similar to what you do with JPEG when you set contrast, saturation, and sharpness in the camera. The majority of my shots, by a long way, are adequately processed with the default and only a few which I deem worthy get significant attention.

What would be very confusing for me would be to have raw and JPEG files mixed.

Occasionally, on a rainy day, I'll pull up some old archived raw files and use my new and improved processing software. When I compare the two JPEGs I'm usually pleasantly surprised at the change.

:lol:

Just remember... shooting in RAW doesn't automatically mean the photos out of the camera will look better than JPEG. It simply means there is more potential.

Think of RAW as the unprinted negative and JPEG a finished print.
Actually, the RAW images will be lackluster compared to JPEG's since they will have zero post processing done to them.

Which is exactly what I meant... more potential.. meaning zero processing with the assumption that you will should do some processing.. :-/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back