Im indecisive..and need help

Blyack.Hype

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm some what new to photography and like working with film..i have an OLD Minolta X-370 with a MD zoom 35-70mm 1:35 lens and a MD zoom 100-200 1:56 lens....take good pictures and all..but i wanna upgrade to a much newer 35mm camera so i came to this....here my question...I seen a good Nikon N60 and a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 and i need help in which would be a better choice?:confused:

Last edited:
Thank you..well im still learning so i did not wanna go to big..just wanna upgrade from what i have now..it's an old camera had it since photography in high school...but i kinda all over with take'n shots...people...animals..still life..landscape..im kinda all over

Hi and welcome to the forum. I shoot Nikon but I have too ask, what's you budget and what do you want to shoot mainly?

so which one should i go with?

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to say Nikon because I like them. Nikon and Canon both make great gear.

I've not held the N60 but I have an N90s that I really like. I've heard of great things about the F100 and if you can swing an F5 more power to you.

Does your Minolta not work anymore? If it does then why not see about getting another lens for it? Something in the 24mm range if you like wide angle shots.

i was thinking the nikon also...(Nikon N60 35mm camera (film), standard 80mm Nikon lens, and 300mm Quantaray zoom lens. Camera case included.) and yes my minolta is still working

If you go canon, I would suggest an Elan II. Its a little older but has just about the same specs as the Elan 7 which I have, but for alot less money.

Canon Glass is usually slightly cheaper. For the Nikon stuff, Now I dont really like this guy, but Ken Rockwell has reviewed in pretty good depth most of the Nikon 35mm rigs.
Nikon Reviews
He doesnt seem to like the N60
Nikon N60 (F60)

I would avoid the Quantaray glass.

What do you want in your new SLR that your minolta currently does not do? Have you thought about getting a newer AF Minolta SLR?

i wanted to kno which is a better camera between those 2...the Nikon N60 or the Canon EOS Rebel 2000

If you go canon, I would suggest an Elan II. Its a little older but has just about the same specs as the Elan 7 which I have, but for alot less money.

Canon Glass is usually slightly cheaper. For the Nikon stuff, Now I dont really like this guy, but Ken Rockwell has reviewed in pretty good depth most of the Nikon 35mm rigs.
Nikon Reviews
He doesnt seem to like the N60
Nikon N60 (F60)

I would avoid the Quantaray glass.

What do you want in your new SLR that your minolta currently does not do? Have you thought about getting a newer AF Minolta SLR?

so should i roll with the EOS 2000..(This camera takes fantastic pictures, is in excellent shape, comes with 58mm UV
haze filter,Targus bag, and a canon neck strap, this camera is automatic and
it has a manual mode for full creative flexability. )

Ive only held an EOS 2000, never used it. But it felt small in my hand, kind of like a digital rebel compared to a XXD model.

I think the EOS has more features.

You don't really have to have one this week do you?

Get your money together and use the search function to check out the cameras you see on ebay that are in you range. (remember that you will likely need to hold some back for lenses if you buy ebay. Pawnshops are a good resource right now too if you have some idea what you are doing)

Also, are you going to want to stay with film or are you going to want to go digital at some point? I ask because most Nikon lenses you'll come across will work on Nikon's digital cameras (the D40/60s are harder but will work) but Canon FD mounts won't work with their newer bodies.

Just what is it that you expect your new rig to do that your present gear doesn't do? I should think that such a 'review' of your requirements is worth while doing prior to searching on-line camera reviews.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back