Im new and .. well heres a photo.

superrallison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there :)
Im completely new at photography. The reason I started taking photos was because I bought myself a basic camera.. and yeah. Just got fed up of taking the same old normal pictures of people like everyone does. Anyway, I would really like to know what you think of this photo here. It was the first picture I took. I hope you like it, but please if it IS really crap, just tell me seeing as I know absolutly nothing about photography anyway.
Thanks.
lookaway.jpg

Hi Allison and welcome to the forum!!

Your image has one main problem and that's that it has no focal point.

The clouds are nice and sometimes it can be good to include some foliage to help frame the shot but there is nothing for the eye to rest on.

It may also be a tiny bit over exposed because the clouds seem a bit burnt out in one or two places.

But taking pics that everyone else doesn't is one way i often look at images. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but through time you learn what works most of the time and that becomes your style.

welcome to the forum :)

the main subject of your image apparently is the sky ... but there you have a problem with exposure as you have very dark parts of the clouds, which are underexposed and really bight parts, which are sort of overexposed. in other words quite a dynamical range required, which neither film nor a digital sensor would provide i guess. maybe something could be done in postprocessing the original.

another solution for shots like this might be what people call a HDR shot.

i don't really know much either about photography, but despite there being no real central focus i still like the thing! I could see myself using a photo like this as my desktop background or something, and i have and it looks nice! I really like the intensity of the blue close to the centre and darkening from that point!

i still like the thing!

almost none of us was saying it is all bad :)

but she asked for critique and how it could be imprived, so we tried to give some ideas :)

Most reactions

Back