im so excited!!!

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so, i've been bugging my hubby for a cat for a few months now (i love pets) ... he said, "NO!!! ... i dont want them chewing all on the cords and stuff!!" :(

so today i went for a hair consultation ... on the way, i passed by a pet shop ... i went in to take a peek, he can stop me from bringing one home, but he cant stop me from dreaming a little :p

... so there's the cutest little puppy Terrier in the cage, the only dog there ... i was smitten :goodvibe: ... i played with him for at least 20 mins or so ... i wish i could have brought him home :cry:

when i got home, i told my hubby about my little pup :D ... he says, "well, how much is he?" .... i said, "$850." :blulsh2: ... he goes, " :shock: " .... :lol:

well, the short of the story is, IM GONNA GET A DOGGIE!!! :D ... im so happy, i feel like its Christmas already :D

dont know what we're gonna name him yet, my hubby is excited about it too ... i didnt know he wanted a dog, he just didnt want a cat :D

so im thinking, ok, we can get one by next week, i said, "so, when are we gonna get a doggie?" ... he said, "lets go tomorrow." :D

we wont be getting the doggie i saw today, he said its too expensive :( .. so we're gonna take a look around for another one ... i dont wanna rush it, i want us to take our time and get the one that we all just click right away :D ... so, we're gonna be looking all week

dont worry, the pics will come :goodvibe:

Don't want to put you off getting a pet Dew but don't get a dog or cat from a pet shop.
Check into puppy mills, it might turn you off.
Unless a shop is fronting some legitimate breeder they all get them from puppy mills though they all claim they don't.
If you want a dog or cat get one from the pound and do the animal, yourself and the world a favor.

yeh, the first place we're gonna check is the animal shelter .. i gotta find out where it is in NYC ... but tomorrow i got to get my hair done :lol: .. so we're gonna go saturday

hmmmm, perhaps if i didnt get my hair done tomorrow ($300) ... we could afford it :roll:

Are you really serious that you spend $300 on a hairdo?
Of course, I spend that on a haircut but most of it is to cover the anesthetic.

well, it doesnt normally cost that much, but im getting some hair extentions (hair fusion) ... where they will add human hair to the top with wax/glue, strand by strand to add more fullness and a little more lenght to the top and front ... kinda like these examples ... i really like that Sharon Stone cut ... the after photo is computer generated with a hair styling site http://www.thehairstyler.com

hair.jpg

Oh well.....each to their own!
I assume that at this point hubby knows better than to resist?

mrsid99 said:
Don't want to put you off getting a pet Dew but don't get a dog or cat from a pet shop.
Check into puppy mills, it might turn you off.
Unless a shop is fronting some legitimate breeder they all get them from puppy mills though they all claim they don't.
If you want a dog or cat get one from the pound and do the animal, yourself and the world a favor.

i was actually thinking the same thing. :?

i would suggest going to the humane society. i looked on google and you guys have one at...

306 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022

:) the humane society here always has the cutest, friendliest little dogs. mostly mutts, but i've found mutts to be the best ones anyway. :p i got my dog at the humane society about 17 years ago and he's still the greatest dog ever (not to mention very oooooold :wink:). :D it doesn't appear that the location nearest you has a run-down of their prices on their website, but it won't be anywhere near as much as the pet shop. i don't know if it will be exactly the same or not, but here's what is costs where i live.

i love shopping for pets cause at times it's almost more like they're shopping for YOU, you know? so much fun!

well, he didnt exactly know how much it would cost :lol: ... so today i came home after my consultation ... i said, "can i have some money?" ... he said, "how much u need?" ... i hesitated and said under my breath, "$300." .... he went, :shock: .... and then the pup thing ... guess he feels overwhelmed :lol: ... thats what he gets for marrying a high maintenace woman :p

... nah, but seriously ... what am i to do ... let myself go? :roll: ... i know im an old bag and all, but i still have a lot of life left :lol: ... and i want to keep his head turning too :wink:

Dew said:
what am i to do ... let myself go? :roll:
No, but you could let your hair grow :lol:
Honestly do you really want someone else’s hair on your head? :?

I'm with the others on checking out the humane society for a puppy. I'm not a fan of pet stores myself. You never can tell where the animals come from. Besides I bet there are a lot of lonely puppies at the humane society that need rescuing. They are also a lot cheaper.

we've talked about it a bit and i feel really bad, i dont want the pup to have one less toy because of my vanity :? ... im gonna put my hair off til next month or so ... by then it will have grown about a bit :D

So if your hair's grown a bit it won't need as much added to it so it'll be cheaper yet!

Way to go!! You'll have so much fun adopting a puppy from the Humane Society. Many times you can call and find where they'll be having an "adopt a pet" day at one of those huge pet-supply stores. It's a popular weekend event. Your hardest decision will be narrowing it down to just one. :wink:

I had nothing but mutts from shelters my whole life and would agree they make the best dogs. Odin here was adopted by me from a friend who could no longer have him where he was moving after a divorce. He is the first "breed" I've ever had, and he is more high-maintenance than the mixed breeds. I never asked, because it doesn't matter at this point, but he might have been a puppy mill dog. He's full of love and laughs, though, and I wouldn't give him away for anything now! :love:

we're gonna go with a small terrier (fox, norfolk, norwich) ... my brother owned a dog when i was 10 ... but other than that, i've been a cat woman :D .. the hubby owned a dog in Germany, but she ran away :? ... so he knows about all the training and stuff, im clueless :lol: ... i just wanna hug'em and squeeze'em and play with him :D

i was reading about different kinds of dogs and breeds, the advice said to go with a mixed breed, cause a pure breed has more potential for psycological and physical problems ... i dunno why

we're gonna go to the humane society in the morning, hopefully we find one we click with, or we're gonna keep trying (geeese, i sound like we're trying to have a baby) :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back