I’m still new to photography,need a opinion

WhiteCrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Being new to photography I was wondering how I did with these morning shots with my new canon?

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi there.

If you post pics a bit bigger then its easier for folks to see and have an opinion on your work.

1500 Px on the long side is a good size.

You seem to like the Saturation function and if that is to your liking stick to it but try different processing to see how particular images might suit different treatments.

Keep an eye on the edges of your frames. There are staggly bits that might be better to be cropped / edited out.

Great start, keep going.

CHEERS
JBO

Hi there.

If you post pics a bit bigger then its easier for folks to see and have an opinion on your work.

1500 Px on the long side is a good size.

You seem to like the Saturation function and if that is to your liking stick to it but try different processing to see how particular images might suit different treatments.

Keep an eye on the edges of your frames. There are staggly bits that might be better to be cropped / edited out.

Great start, keep going.

CHEERS
JBO
Hi JBO! Thx for the input! I’m still learning all the processes and functions on my camera. That’s exactly why I decided to sign up here. I really appreciate people like yourself that gives good constructive criticism without digging in to a person. I had ignorant people tear onto me just because I accidentally posted my pic in the wrong thread. But again JBO .. thank you. As I progress I invite any feedback you may have for me. Thanks!
-J

From a film shooters perspective I really like #5787, simple smooth nice tones. Reminds me of when I used to shoot VPS film.

Hi JBO! Thx for the input! I’m still learning all the processes and functions on my camera. That’s exactly why I decided to sign up here. I really appreciate people like yourself that gives good constructive criticism without digging in to a person. I had ignorant people tear onto me just because I accidentally posted my pic in the wrong thread. But again JBO .. thank you. As I progress I invite any feedback you may have for me. Thanks!
-J
You are most welcome.

Here is a tip for using forums. Pay attention to what advice you like and utterly ignore anything you view as negative. I have had to endure the same petty treatment from various forums but you will eventually find the responders that are worth listening to.

Dont be afraid to put up a photographic disaster for feedback. There are loads of people on here that will give good feedback with the intention of helping out anyone who asks for help. We all had to start somewhere. I am getting used to a new camera and need all the feedback I can get. So if you see me posting anything up for feedback dont hesitate to express your feelings or ask questions on how a particular end result is achieved.

CHEERS
JBO

From a film shooters perspective I really like #5787, simple smooth nice tones. Reminds me of when I used to shoot VPS film.
Thank you Webstabg. I really like the shot over the lake but 5787 is my favorite too. Like you said the simplicity is what makes it my favorite. The colors I was able to snag was beautiful. Love this time of year here. Thank you again!

Very pretty colors! One thing to think about as one shoots sunsets is to keep in mind that sunsets are the most shot photos in the photography world. Look for that something special photo to set yours apart from the others out there. Something that will add that touch that will make people say "WOW".

Well I have seen many pictures that appeal to me, and other that make me yawn. One thing I have learned is to never be all that critical when judging the work of others.

I have on more than one occasion, found prints that were horrendous. I thought they were blurry, out of focus, distorted etc.; only to learn that they were "artistic expressions", and someone had worked very hard to make them that way.

I try to remind myself of that that, when I am trying to coax the last bit of perfect out of the ground glass of my view camera. It is my picture, I decide what is perfect.

In reality there are a few time when I stare at two or three shots of the same object, and cannot honestly say which one is better than the others. So I keep them all.

I do enjoy the opinions of others, because sometime they reflect viewpoints, I never would have thought of.

Most reactions

Back