Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I opened our basement door to air it out because it's been so damp and humid and then I closed the door from the main part of the house to the basement so she would stay upstairs. Well, Lucas was playing with the door and without even thinking I told him to leave it open for the cat (her litter box is downstairs). Hours later I was talking to Aubrey on the phone and told him I had aired out the basement and he asked if the cat was stil inside......and she's gone :( I grabbed the laser pointer that she loves and went all through the house and outside and no Seren :guilty:

I really hope she comes home. We got her when she was only 7 weeks old and she's a fantastic cat.

She should come home! I thought people usually let cats rome the streets anyway? Most animals will come back sooner or later I recogn..

I hope she comes back anyway.. think positive! I'd hate to lose my dog :(

Not really out here, there are bears and coyotes in the woods so most of the cats are all indoors around these parts.

Aaawww! That's one of my biggest fears with my cats, Alison! Thankfully, for the most part, they seem afraid of the outdoors. Nitefly....letting cats just roam outdoors isn't really a good idea. An outdoor cat's lifespan is less than half that of an indoor one.

Me and my furbabies are sendin good 'come home soon' vibes to you and your kitty!

Thanks Corry! I just went downstairs to check and there was no kitty, but there was a big frog jumping around my basement that I had to usher back outside. I guess you could say where we are is pretty rurual. I did have an outdoor cat when I was growing up, more like a barn cat. He always came home and he lived to age 16, so there is certainly hope that she'll find her way back. Animals are amazing that way!

Ah the joys of New Hampshire and Maine. :( Lots of cats do dissapear in these parts, don't they? But I have seen many return and wish you luck!

Awww :(

Cats have that ability to find their way home. I've read stories of people relocating far away from where they lived with their cat and the cat has somehow wandered back to the old house!

There any particular scents that she loves? She like catnip? Try spraying the scent in a perimetre around the property for her, leading to your door.
Granted, you may get other cats or animals that are attracted to the smell, but if she's one of them, thats all you need!

Sending some of those 'come hommmmmme puddy-tat' vibes!

Yes animals are amzing one time two dog and a cat broke out of the airport and had to travel through the wilderness home. They faced bears and coyotes and fought them off all to make there way back to there family. One even got hit in the face with porcqupine quills and had the cat pull them out. Oh yeah and the animals talked to each other.....

Wait that's a movie.

But in all seriusness your cat will find his way home and everything will work out fine.

I shouldn't post at night I get sarcastic.

And become a horrible speller.

And use sexist language.

Ohhhhh, Alison, that's so sad. I'm sure the kitty will make it home (and I like Lumi's suggestions to lure it back). You've gotta keep us updated on this.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. No kitty yet :( I opened the door and put her food by it. I'm going to take a walk through the woods in a little bit and see if maybe she's up a tree somwhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back