I'm such an idiot!

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I completely underestimated how long it takes to burn a cd. I thought I could just pop one in an hour or so before I left and everything would be cool. It's now over an hour later and at the current rate it's going I'm going to be waiting for another two hours. Had to call the customers and tell them I'd be late. I don't feel too horrible because it's taken them two months to pay me, but I still feel really embarrassed.

Hurry up and wait...

....and now it's stopped burning in the middle of the transfer even though it is only halfway full...great.

Somethings wrong, a cd should burn in minutes, 4 gig on a dvd in my system takes about ten minutes so 700mb should burn in a crack. H

Your buffer may be in a constant state of underrunning caused by not being able to read the source of the data properly. The CD may be unplayable in some sensitive players.

At it's slowest speed an 80min 700mb CD will burn in ... 80min. A standard 16x CD should be done in 5min

Ok, husband called and helped me figure it out. Not really sure what I was doing wrong the first time but I found the dvd-rs and now it's burning the whole 2gb folder in less than 10 minutes.
Thanks for trying to help guys! :)

...I completely underestimated how long it takes to burn a cd.

Think you may be using the term CD when you mean DVD. Altho they look alike and are often burned/played in the same machine, that's where the similarity stops.

A CD is commonly used for music and a DVD commonly used for videos.
Data such as picture files may be placed on either one.

Kinda like the difference between a car and a bus...one holds more than the other so the choice of which to use depends on how large the load is.

Most reactions

Back