image focus

girmanh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Canon rebel XS body and basically stick to two lenses: my 70-200 mm f/2.8 IS L and my 28-70 mm f/2.8 L lens. My problem is that when I focus and shoot, the image looks decent through the viewfinder and then on my little LCD screen, but then I take it back to my computer and its a bit blurry. I keep shutter speed at f/2.8. I would prefer not to use a tripod and I like to be a bit more mobile for event photography and usually add an angle to my images. Any tips on how to focus better while shooting without using a tripod?

It would really help if you could show us some examples, along with the EXIF data.

Just because you shoot with the aperture wide open, doesn't mean that your shutter speed will be fast enough to eliminate motion blur...so that might be your problem.

Another potential problem might be a focus accuracy problem. Set up a focus test as check to see how accurately each lens focuses on your camera. It's not unheard of for a lens/camera to need calibration.

Also, how close are you examining the images, back on your computer? You can't expect an image to look perfectly clear when you zoom in to 200%, 300% etc.

I think the biggest problem is lack of knowledge because your post reads, I keep my shutter speed at F2.8, F2.8 is your aperture
I think your problem is your shutter speed being to slow giving you camera shake but we need examples

It would also help if you didn't double post the same question in the beginners forum and the beyond basics forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back