Imperception

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Other than the obvious and a couple very minor adjustments, straight from the can.

460-4904.jpg

I'm really feeling this idea. Could be cropped tighter towards the bottom and less at the top so the lines meet at the edges of the frame.

it's upside down...

:headbang:

That's the point...

:headbang:

I'm really feeling this idea. Could be cropped tighter towards the bottom and less at the top so the lines meet at the edges of the frame.

Thank you. It had a very striking appearance as I schlucked through the muck and 'eeoueeewy' to get to the spot.

I was trying to keep this from being a centered composition, but there were several other things in play when I set up. The main things for this choice were; the top left (originally bottom right) had a big clump of marsh vegetation. This made the rest fall into place, meaning, I sell two formats, 2:3 (8x12) and 4:5 (8 x 10). I prefer the 2:3 personally but the software will let the customer choose their own crop at 4:5. I usually provide a bit more at the bottom to make it easier if that's what the customer wants.

Artistically, I wanted the walkway to look suspended in mid-air. I thought this would lend more of an uncertainty (?) with the wave action at the top. I want the viewer to feel the motion. I think a bearing point (the rail touching the bottom) may detract from that. Does that make sense? It was tight.

Anyone else?

Really cool picture, fun to look at! It took me a while to figure out what was going on.

haha yeah i think its great - i figured out it was upside down but took me a while to pick where the water line was :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back