In need for a new lens.

would you say a nikon battery grip is better than a 3rd party one? And if not, could you direct me to one?
The d90 has a really good battery, but wouldn't want to chance it and be left with no battery.

I prefer the Nikons... have one for my D7000 and my D800.. and they are excellent. Some people like the 3rd party stuff also.. and never have problems. But I have read of some issues too... like anything else, if you Google.. you will find both good and bad about anything.

OEM stuff is usually significantly better.. but it is more expensive, typically!

Hmm, will have to do some digging to decide on that one.

Thanks a lot guys!

Late edit: i gave in and ordered an opteka battery grip with 2 batteries for £70. Will come with opinion once it's delivered.

Last edited:
With the D90, 50 mm indoor will limit you to many 'close up' shots especially if the space is tight. Although I like the 50 mm f1.8, it is better for general outdoor or close up shots (half body) indoor. That is only my personal opinion

I don't exactly mind close up shots, i'm just afraid i wouldn't be too far from the subject :)
I'll use a wide angle to take a group shot when they'll be outside

Most reactions

New Topics

Back