In the future

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
I have been looking at getting another digital camera. Not immediately but some time within the next year. I would kill to have a 10d but that is more in the five year range. I was looking at the Canon pro1 and the olympus 8080. I know that they are the same cost as the digital rebel but I don't want to go digital SLR until I can get the 10d. Then again, I might just wait until I can get the holy grail.

Since I have rambled to myself on this post, just let me know what ya'll think about the two above.

Thanks

In 5 years the 10D will compare to digital cameras like a $1500 computer from 1999 compares to a $1500 computer today. In other words, not worth squat!

Buy now for affordability now and usefulness now. I'm not familiar with the models you mentioned, but if you are choosing between a smaller sensor/more megapixel fixed lens camera and a Digital Rebel with the bigger sensor, all for the same money, go for the bigger sensor.

One of the things the world will miss about film is the ability to walk into a store and upgrade your camera to today's latest image capturing technology for the price of a roll of film. You can bet the salespeople are loving it. :?

Don't get me wrong. I will always have my film cameras. A digital will never be that good. (Everyone can tell me I'm wrong in three years when they are).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back