In the Street

Are questions allowed?
Why did you chose to cover the words with her head in pic #1?
Why did you not focus on the boy but on the BG?
Why did you chose not to pan on the boy but to hold the camera still?

I like the first a lot, although I think it should be simplified by removing elements that attract the eye and don't contribute to the story. I also darkened the area above the sign, for the same purpose.

upload_2016-10-24_14-47-46.png

Last edited:
I like the first one! :)

Are questions allowed?
Why did you chose to cover the words with her head in pic #1?
Why did you not focus on the boy but on the BG?
Why did you chose not to pan on the boy but to hold the camera still?

Of course!
The words are not the important thing here. The important is the girl to be more or less centered between the two models in the panel, so the words would always be covered.
If I panned, I would blur the BG. What's moving is the boy, so is the one who should be "blurred" (different from unfocused!).

I like the first a lot, although I think it should be simplified by removing elements that attract the eye and don't contribute to the story. I also darkened the area above the sign, for the same purpose.

View attachment 129268

I agree mainly on the top elements.
On the sides it feels perhaps a little bit "tight" to me?!
But thanks! You have a good point there! :)

I like the first one! :)

Thanks! :)

Looks great in black & white

Thank you! :)

Without making too much of an arguement I'd like to explain my rationale.

By cropping the ends of the sign, the story is 'two glamorous woman on a sign with arrows pointing one way and the much less glamorous woman pushing a bicycle going the other way."
If the ends off the end of the sign were left in, there is no more information to the story provided, just a place where eyes - and tension - can leak off.

Lew

By cropping the ends of the sign, the story is 'two glamorous woman on a sign with arrows pointing one way and the much less glamorous woman pushing a bicycle going the other way."
If the ends off the end of the sign were left in, there is no more information to the story provided, just a place where eyes - and tension - can leak off.

Lew
I liked the original crop better in this case. Where your idea would have worked well is the doorway picture with the seated man and dog. The point you made here is the one I made on that pic. :)

Lew
Nwasnwr

The first one for me but my humble opinion would have been cut just above the sign :icon_thumright:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back