In view of today's events..

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In view of today's events where the person that wanted me to do the photography for her bridal shower double booked, how does this sound on my website:

Book early to ensure coverage of your event and check our special offers page for current special offers.

Bookings will only be made on receipt of a non-refundable $50 booking fee.

50% of the coverage fee must be paid at least two weeks before the event. The remainder on the day (or the day before) the event.

In the event of cancellation you will receive a refund of the coverage fee paid.

Payment may be made by cash or check - for which a receipt will be given.

How would you improve this?

If this were me I would state that the $50 fee is non-refundable as once the event is booked you are unable to book another event for that time. Or you could say that a 24-48 hour notice is required to recieve a refund to allow you time to re-book an event (even though chances are you won't it still saves you the gas of driving to a canceled event). Then I would go on to say that they would recieve a $50 credit towards the cost of the event once it's taken place. This way people would probably go the extra step to make sure you are notified should the event get canceled or moved to another date.

Just my thoughts.

I would state that the $50 fee is non-refundable ...
.... as liquidated damages. But really - better off contacting an attorney for rock solid legalese to protect your interests.

It's a tough nut. I can't believe the sods didn't phone. I don't believe a word of their excuses. In fact, I wonder whether it was racism - I'm white and they're black.

wow... pulling the race card. maybe you should have taken a few more breaths before posting that comment of yours

wow... pulling the race card. maybe you should have taken a few more breaths before posting that comment of yours

I wouldn't be too surprised at anything. I've been treated badly in Britain because I had a dark suntan (I can get really dark after 6 weeks in the sun) and people thought I was from Pakistan or somewhere like that. I was treated badly in Latvia when I made the mistake of wearing a blue tee-shirt as blue out there means the wearer is gay. I've even had plenty racism against me because I'm white. And a couple of gays in Brighton, England didn't think straight was OK and lambasted me the entire time I was in one cafe.

I'm looking at my contracts right now in order that I can put in a $50 non-refundable booking fee so I don't end up out of pocket again.

Most reactions

Back