Infrared

lopix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo.lopix.com
Heard you couldn't do IR with a Canon 20D... so I just HAD to find out ;)

mauve.jpg

purple.jpg

Very cool. I love these shots. What cemetery is this. Is it in Toronto.?

Yeah, buddy and me found it by accident a few weeks ago, St. John's Anglican, near Yonge/York Mills. Can't wait for more days off with sun, so I can shoot some more. These were late day, so exposures were scary long (up to 30sec) but at an earlier time, they will be better - and once the leaves are back, then we're talking!

Thanks Iopix. I must search that cemetery out. I got "busted" at Mount Pleasant a while back for taking pics. It is not allowed there. But I just love this scene you have captured here. Good job my friend.!!

What? Says who it is not allowed? I've been there for pix with no problem! Try Mount Hope, just north of Mt Pleasant, East on Erskine off Mt Pleasant Rd.

It was indeed an R72. Most of the interesting colour came from white balance adjustments of the RAW image. Since the filter is essentially red, you get a red-tinted image. The different white balance settings really bring out the tonal differences. And if it worked on my 20D, should be no problem on a Digital Rebel. Just bring a tripod, my shots from that day were in the 6-30s range!

lopix said:
Heard you couldn't do IR with a Canon 20D... so I just HAD to find out ;)

mauve.jpg

purple.jpg

wow, that graveyard looks a lot like a graveyard that i have been to near Xenia, OH. nice pictures by the way, all done simply with an IR filter?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back