Inspiration

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking in this thread it could be a thread of inspiration, things that inspire you.
If we can make a list then whenever anyone has....photo block, they can read some of the list and walla they are inspired.

And Chase please if this list grows big make it a sticky.

Oki Ill start.

Animals, when they are outside exploring.

Candles, and the way they are so unpredictable.

Water, and how it smoothly flows.

Other photographers. When I see a photo by someone else I often get a feeling of wanting to have a go myself. I'm not talking about copying or stealing ideas. I'm talking about the little things you see in a photo that make you try to figure out how it was done. Or one that sparks your mind into thinking alone the same lines.

ferny said:
Other photographers. When I see a photo by someone else I often get a feeling of wanting to have a go myself. I'm not talking about copying or stealing ideas. I'm talking about the little things you see in a photo that make you try to figure out how it was done. Or one that sparks your mind into thinking alone the same lines.

I agree! I love looking at other folks' work whether they a famous "master", or some student's stuff hanging in a coffee house. I also learn a lot from looking at images here on this forum, although I think it's better to see the work in person (or at least at full res if it's never going to be printed).

There is a Diane Arbus exhibition here in Lawrence until the middle of January. She's right up my alley. The museum is closed today, but I'm going tomorrow! http://www.masters-of-photography.com/A/arbus/arbus.html

And I was just able to visit a Gordon Parks photography and poetry exhibit in his hometown of Ft. Scott, KS. It was fantastic to see in person the photographs I've been seeing in books for so many years. http://www.masters-of-photography.com/P/parks/parks.html

I am also inspired by other forms of art.

I can relate to that. I like observing the other photographer's work. Its a source of great inspiration.

my inspiration comes from reading good books, and then trying to transform the images in the book into images on my camera. its been pretty difficult thus far, but rewarding when you think you have captured the essence of what the author is talking about.

md

MDowdey said:
my inspiration comes from reading good books, and then trying to transform the images in the book into images on my camera.
Splendid!

Kids. Even if the pictures I take aren't OF kids...they're my inspiration. They are what makes this earth beautiful.

One of fave quotes from one of my favorite alt artists is "I let life inspire me" which can come off sounding a bit cheesy until you start to combine it what everyone has been mentioning above. Watching kids, animals, taking a long backpacking hike, walking down a city street....and my favorite, viewing other art. All kinds of art - photography, paintings, pottery which can be so ingenious sometimes.....

Everything. :D Remembering to keep my eyes and mind open.

Most reactions

Back