Inspired by Digital Matt

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Matt posted shots like these a while ago and I really wanted to try them, but never did b/c of not wanting to mess with having film developed. So my mom brought home the digital camera from her office and I attempted to do some of the same things he did, although they aren't near as good :) Oh and I also did a semi self portrait... Comments most welcome :) I've got a few more I'll add later when I finish editing :)

cd2.jpg

cd1.jpg

selfportrait.jpg

Here are two more that I did, I adjusted the colors in these last two a bit, and most likely have overdone it, but I really like the first one b/c the colors are so different. What do you all think???

cd4.jpg

cd3.jpg

great shots and i'm sure Matt will approve! i really like your self potraits ;)

mal. You need a CD, water, light and a camera, the rest I havent figured out yet. :mrgreen:

Well done, adnama.

Hmm, it looks like the CD (but of course!) is immersed in sparkling spring water or something. Maybe I'll do some experimenting.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!! Mal, I took the cd and took a spray bottle and just sprayed water on it, then I put it on my kitchen table near and moved the cd until the light hit it just right, and then snapped a load of pics from different angles. I also put it in the sink and did the same thing, and also tried it with the water running on it, but that didn't work out as well. For the last two I played with color adjustments in photoshop to make the colors even more vivid than they were :) It's a load of fun you should definitely try it!!!

Way to go Amanda! Those are fantastic. My only complaint is that they are a little soft, but you didn't have a macro lens. Once you get a digital Rebel you can recreate these. Excellent job on the compositions and colors. You know, I was reading another thread and I saw your avatar and thought to myself, "Hrm, that looks like water drops on a cd." :)

Thanks Matt!!! I shot it with a Sony Cyber shot (3.3 mega pixels) so I was pretty happy with how they turned out considering the camera used :) I'm all about gettin the rebel and a macro lens though!!! The idea was all yours though :)

:D Amanda, when you get your rebel, get a 50mm f/1.8 and a set of extension tubes. A very cheap macro alternative. That's what I used for my shots :) Oh, I meant to say that the self portrait reminded me of an M.C. Escher self portrait :)

After you posted that I had to find the pic you were referring too...I've seen Escher's work before and like it a lot, but hadn't ever seen this pic, and it is quite similiar, but his is wayyyyyy better :)

a0001555.jpg

Matt I'm probably gonna bug the heck out of you whenever I get my rebel with all sorts of questions, so enjoy your two weeks of sanity :lol: And that goes for everyone else too!!!

Yeah, that's the one Amanda. I love Escher as well. I have a big book of his work, with detail of how he created it. What a genious.

Hit me up with any questions you have. I'm more than happy to help :)

Thanks Airic!!! That's weird you can't see the pics john3...they should be working...if you really want to see some of them, they are on my website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back