intersting composition in the burbs

mike11165

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in the boring burbs of N. Texas (flat and hot) Im working on my photographic skills and would like some ideas for interesting composition. The park, zoo and downtown are boring me to death.... I know there are some creative people out there with some great ideas for places to go for intersting comp.

am I not creative enough because I cant seem to find things to shoot that stir interest? roller bladers, and soccer moms are killing me.... give me a breath of fresh air so I can develop my skills

You could try going the Fitzhugh/Live Oak area of south Dallas....especially at night....:D Plenty of interesting stuff in that part of town.

Edit: seriously though, what things interest you? People, landscapes, buildings, etc. I don't know Dallas that well, mainly Grapevine and Ft Worth (have family up there)

Last edited:
yea, good idea, fair park area after dark, need some specialized stuff to get good pics of those bullets flying, and muzzle flashes, that would definitely not be boring.

I like cars and boats, may try and catch a car show to shoot, thats a thought. thanks

Don't forget the body armor!

There should be some good car shows in the DFW. Also, maybe head to one of the lakes to get some boat shots?

DFW Airport. (Mommy, It's a plane, it's a plane!!!!!) Go shoot the airplanes. Sorry for the toddler comment....I just had to.

Mike,
I live in Dallas and, like you, lament the seemingly-never-ending flatness of the area. However, if you head out southwest of FW towards Granbury and Glenrose, you'll find some nice hills with some great vistas, especially around Dinosaur Valley and Mineral Wells State Parks. Heading a quick drive north on 35, southern OK has some great hills in the Turner Falls area.

Think small!! try adjusting your normal view into appreciating the smaller things in life. simple patterns, colors, and interesting lines are always things i try and get into whenever i'm feeling creatively sitfled. I also try and challenge myself by forcing myself to take a picture of one thing from at least 7 different vantages. It helps you look at things differently. Try a different perspective of the rollerblades. i.e. a closeup of the wheels, or laces, etc.

just a couple things i try an think about when im shooting.

good ideas...... thanks and ill head to glen rose for the dinosaur tracks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back