Interview With A Mod: Terri

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Interviewee: Terri AKA Terri

normal_terrivineyard.jpg

Now Terri, you told me you don't embarrass too easily, so what would be the one question I could ask that WOULD embarrass you?

I'm not sure there is one. Seriously. I can embarrass myself by saying or doing something stupid, but I've yet to hear a question that has caused me embarrassment.

How did you find The Photo Forum and what made you decide to stay?
When I started getting serious about photography, I was casting about for a good photography forum, and was half-heartedly participating in a few, including a B&W forum. It was depressing there, since I had no darkroom experience and most of the conversation there was darkroom-related. Reading about it is not the way to learn darkroom techniques unless you've done it. One day this cute, sincere-sounding post shows up about a new forum devoted to all kinds of photography, at all levels of experience. The poster made a point of saying he didn't want to step on anyone's toes, just make his new forum known because he was trying to build membership. I thought it sounded interesting, and I liked the respectful attitude of the poster. It was Chase, of course. Who'd have known I could be so easily impressed? Wink I've stuck around because apparently I'm not the only sucker drawn in by the Dodgey One. He has assembled a great group of members.

If you won $5 million dollars, what would you do with it?

Ha, that's always the best fantasy question, isn't it? Very Happy My husband and I made this solemn promise that if we ever came into serious cash, the first thing we'd do is get some plane tickets back out to Zion, head straight to our favorite little restaturant out there and have a couple beers to discuss it. Wink Five million....well, dump this traditional 2-story house I'm living in, for something that suits our lifestyle better these days. We want a place a little more urban, with a room easily converted to a darkroom. I'd create a trust for my son, and see how we could help our parents financially, too. I know we'd travel a lot. I'm boringly pragmatic, so a lot of it would be stashed away, however the accountant or other suits advised (that I actually understood). After I bought every camera and darkroom gadget my fevered little brain could think of, of course. Twisted Evil Oh, and let my oenophile hubby stock the cellar with some French and Italian gems.

You are known on the forum as being a hot and sexy temptress, how do you keep your youthful looks? Is it about a strict beauty regime or more intrinsic, to do with quality of life and your attitude to living?

I am?? A hot and sexy temptress??? Wow...that kicks ass, doesn't it? :p um...I am fundamentally the same person I've always been...though become more of a smartass, I suppose. :p I think age is a great liberator. It is a wonderful feeling to realize you care less and less about what people think of you or your work. You have to make yourself happy before you can honestly give back that vibe. So, maybe that's part of my aura - I'm pretty happy. I want to be a positive force. It's easy to be negative when there's so much that's wrong in the world. But rather than let it overcome you, I think we have to strive to focus on positive energy. I've also been lucky in love. If I didn't have this great relationship to come home to, that would take its toll. I'm also a firm believer in the "healthy body-healthy mind" mantra. I work out a lot. I hate every minute I'm at the gym - the lights are bright, it's crowded with icky sweaty people, the music is bad and very loud - it's not my scene at all. But there's no substitute for exercise in purging stress. It doesn't keep all the nightmares away, but I trust my endorphins. :)

If you were mod for a day, what would you do around here?

Read all the dirt on me in the mod forum. (I'm still recovering from the 'hot and sexy temptress' thing.) ;)

If you weren't a photographer, what would you be?

An artistically repressed and therefore miserable human being. I don't even want to think about how barren my life would seem.

Choose one TPF member and tell them something you've always wanted to tell them but never have.

I've been sitting here staring at this one, cause every time I think I have one I realize I've already articulated it. Ksmattfish knows I think he's an awesome talent and I was flattered as hell when he wanted an image of mine....I told everyone in the mug shot thread that I thought Vonnagy was a stud.....the girls should know by now I think they're amazing, individually and collectively smart and talented....and if you didn't know it before, Manda, I think your poetry is beautiful. I'd love to be able to write like that.... I'm pretty sure I've publicly gushed over everyone I've wanted to gush over. People usually know where they stand with me, because I don't hold back that way. It's important to tell people positive things right when you feel them, don't you think?

Interviewed bt Amanda.
Thanks for a great interview Terri!!!
:love:

Terri, do more interviews, they are really really great!

(P.S. You wouldnt wanna job at my mag idea would yah? cause youd be great!)

Core...you just gonna post after me in everyone of these topics?

Shadower! SHADOWER

lol just messin core, sorry had to :) im in such a great mood

Artemis said:
Core...you just gonna post after me in everyone of these topics?

Shadower! SHADOWER

lol just messin core, sorry had to :) im in such a great mood

heh heh...s'all good. That's what happens when you are readin throught the OT posts at almost the same time! :lol:

wow, good stuff terri! here's to you, my first tpf mate! :cheers:

*inside stuff* i've just recieved my 12wine bottle pack of the nz wine from the nz wine society - I can't wait to try it.

but what is this thing about a mod forum? :scratch:

Another great interview.
Would love to see more done. Actually, i would love to read an interview on Manda with the questions from Vonnagy!
Anyone else keen to see a Mandapants interview?

luckydog said:
Another great interview.
Would love to see more done. Actually, i would love to read an interview on Manda with the questions from Vonnagy!
Anyone else keen to see a Mandapants interview?
Yes yes we must have that :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back