Inventor of the CCD wins Nobel Prize

So THOSE are the guys who got me addicted to spending so dang much $$ for a hobby...

But THANKS, guys, because I take a TON more digital photographs than I ever took on film.

"He who dies with the most toys - WINS!"

Congratulations from me too!

Maybe we should invite them to join TPF???

It's about time these guys were recognised. This seems to be a year of celebrating the past. The other Physics winner was the father of modern optic fibre communication. These people should have won Nobel prizes years ago.

So THOSE are the guys who got me addicted to spending so dang much $$ for a hobby...

Quit your bitching! :lol:
My first SLR was the "Honeywell Pentax" Spotmatic in 1964. Including the kit lens (50mm, f/1.4), the price in 1964 USD was $400. To give you some perspective, I also bought a 1964 Chevy Malibu convertible for $2450. That puts my Spotmatic at roughly $4000 in 2009 dollars.

By the way, Pentax advertised the Spotmatic as the "world's first automatic SLR" because you could focus with the lens wide open and it would automatically stop down to the (manually selected) shooting aperture when you pressed the shutter button.

It's about time these guys were recognised. This seems to be a year of celebrating the past. The other Physics winner was the father of modern optic fibre communication. These people should have won Nobel prizes years ago.
Good thing they survived this long. Nobels don't get awarded posthumously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back