IR Developing

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well the photo store i bought some Kodak HEI infrared film doents develople it so i figure i'll try to develope myself.
I shot with a cokin deep red filter and I metered at 320 ISO.
we use D-76 developer at school and 21 C temp. The box it came in tells me i should develope for 7.5 minutes in a small tank.
My question is how long do i push this film for?
the 7.5 minutes is for ISO of 80 with no filter.

-thanks for any help

You're better off developing it yourself. I wouldn't turn a roll of HIE over to a pro lab unless I personally knew the folks. ;)

I prefer TMax developer, 1:4 using only distilled water at room temp, for simplicity's sake. (I always rate mine around 360.) And I believe in the most gentle agitation in the world, too - only one agitation per minute (three inversions at most), for 6 minutes.

If your school only has D76, pick up your own bottle of TMax. It's thick syrupy stuff, and I like it because you mix it as you use it, straight from the bottle -then dump. Lasts for months.

You can use D76, just really watch the agitation with it or you might see overly developed negatives, too contrasty with no shadow detail. Makes it much harder to get a good print. I gave up on it long ago and just stick to the TMax.

Good luck with it! :) Hope to see your results posted in the galleries.

im way back logged on posting stuff. i have a bunch of stuff ive been developing for this class i wana post, but im shooting so much and developing so much i barely have time...its rough :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back