Irritation.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Scurra, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok as you guys may know i'm pretty new to the forum and the whole photography thing. However last weekend I decided I would have a go at taking my first set of portrait photos.

After sweet talking my sister into posing for them I proceeded to take a whole roll of her. I got the film processed and collected it a few days ago.

As soon as I got it home I realised that my scanner was in my student flat in London and not at my house in Kent. So how do I get the photos onto the web to ask you kind folk's opinion... I talked to some of my friends all of whome said they didn't have a scanner except one. Who got my hopes up and then told me that while he has a scanner it's broken.

I guess the point of this post aside from having a rant is to see if anyone can tell me if there is a scanning service of some sort in the UK that could sort this problem for me until I return to uni later in september!

Grrrr..... Much irritation!

2. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Try a Kinko's or similar imaging/photocopy place. Or maybe some kind of internet cafe?

3. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well, bring the negatives to a developer and have them scan your images onto a CD, then you can just upload them easily.

4. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think i might run with Shark's idea first as it would be a cheaper option than having the images burnt to cd!

Thanks for the input tho.